Skip to main content

13 Nights of Blogoween Day 4: Scribbles About Events: The Glow Jack O Lantern Experience

This is something I've heard a lot about on the radio and it just sounded like a lot of fun to me! Its a little trail where they have over 5,000 jack o lanterns all lit up in one place and its just a really cool thing.

If you have kids and they aren't into the spookier events that go on, this is great. There are some spooky pumpkins and some spooky decorations, but there's no one there to jump out and scare you... its just a really fun, neat thing to look at.

A lot of the pumpkins were just regular Jack o Lantern faces, which were really cute. They had a pumpkin garland thing too, which did appear to be hand carved out of tiny pumpkins or gourds, probably with string lights attached to it... which was cool. And they sort of had a bunch of different areas that had themes. There was one with TV characters like The Sopranos, Breaking Bad and I think there was a Scarface and Godfather pumpkin. There was also a pirate area and a dinosaur area. And they had pumpkins placed in the shape of a dinosaur... it was really really neat! Again, like I said with the theming of Camp Evans, this too has a very gradual change in theming that was cool. Some pumpkins were sort of placed randomly. There was a Pluto the dog pumpkin with the Solar Systems... and an Ana and Elsa pumpkin... somewhat randomly placed.

One thing that was kind of funny was the presidential Pumpkin area. They had Regan, George Bush, Clinton, George W. Bush, Obama and then Hillary Clinton and of corse... The Trumpkin. It's funny... I'm pretty sure all the radio stations are just calling it "The Trumpkin"...which I think is how I'll start referring to him on this blog. So that was kind of fun to see.

They had music themed to the different lands too so that it felt more ambient and adventurous. And a lot of it wasn't the regular music you would think played in the area. Like for the Pirates, it wasn't just the Pirates of the Caribbean music and for the dinosaur it wasn't just the Jurassic Park Music... which made me think like this was its own thing... which is pretty cool!

Speaking of it feeling like it was just its own thing... they do have a Mascot named Jack that you could take pictures with if you want. They also had face painting stands I believe... Photo cutout things where you can stick your head in something and it will look like your a skeleton or something like that... and they had hot drinks like Cider and coffee and some glow necklace type of things. I didn't get any of that... I did this for my 25th birthday, I think they're just a gimmicky price grab... and I didn't get a good look at all the prices... but I don't think it was unreasonable.

The event was well organized too. It looked like there would be a big line to get in... but there really wasn't any wait. We got our tickets online before... but they still have a bag check and I think they just want to control crowds from getting too big.

It was especially good for us because it was THE PERFECT night out. The weather was just right, not too hot, not too cold. The moon was full and orange and it looked like it was a giant pumpkin itself... it was really special. We all left with smiles on our faces because it was just such a cool, fun thing! How could you not have a smile after seeing that!

If you have kids I think this would be really cool... but even if you don't its just a really nice, well done event. I would go to it next year. I had a great time... this might be a new Halloween tradition!

Byeee!
-Shannon

BTW I think this is an event that they have in different states and there is probably something like it around you if you were looking to do it. I think its getting more popular if its here in NJ already.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f