Skip to main content

Stuff That Happened This Week (9/7/14-9/13/14)

1) Actress from Chicago Fire killed in Biking Accident- Actress Molly Glynn was riding a bike with her husband while the two got caught in a storm. She was about to take cover from the storm when a tree fell down right on top of her, and killed her. Her husband had described it all as happening very fast and there was nothing he could do about it. I've only seen a few episodes of Chicago fire and I don't know who she is, but this is a terrible accident that could happen to anyone very unexpectedly. It's very sad and she will be missed. Glynn was 46 years old.

2) Kate Middleton and Prince William expecting Baby #2- Just a few months after Prince George celebrated his first birthday, it is announced that Wills and Kate are expecting another baby! I'm very excited about this news if its true, but I'm not sure how much I really trust facebook news. I trust it more than E or radio news... so it could be true... but I don't know. I'll probably hear more about it by the time this is posted lol.

3) Robert Downey Jr denies Iron Man 4 rumors- I don't like Iron Man so this doesn't really concern me at all... lol. But anyway the actor said that as of right now they are not in the talks for a fourth Iron Man movie, that isn't to say that it will never happen. But for right now, don't expect an Iron Man next year.

4) More Celebrity Weddings- Always happy to announce celebrity weddings and babies. Fran Drescher of the Nanny married Shiva Ayyadurai, inventor of emailing, over the weekend and Neil Patrick Harris married David Burtka also! Really happy for both of them, I love the Nanny and I love NPH in pretty much anything and everything so yeah. I think this is all super adorable and I'm really happy! And Ashlee Tisdale married Christopher French, idk who he is but whatever! lol.

5) Mel Brooks gets his hands on the Hollywood Walk of fame... with an 11th finger- Mel Brooks is iconic enough with 10 fingers, but when he put his handprints on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame, he wanted it to be wayyy different from the rest, so he added a prosthetic finger to his hand to make it look different than everyone else's. What a cool dude! Definitely something that stands out for sure!

6) Apple Announces Iphone 6 and Iphone 6 Plus- Yes the announcement we all knew was coming came today. Apple announced its newest editions to the iphone family. The Iphone 6 and the "phlablet" aka hybrid phone and Tablet the 6 plus. Both iphones have a new apple pay thing where you can actually use your phone as your credit card. I think that's a good idea and all, but with so many credit card scams today idk about that. I forget the other cool features of the phone, but its pretty nifty.

Also they announced an Iwatch, which I guess is an iphone and watch... although on at midnight they pointed out theres no video messaging, so it isn't totally a Dick Tracey phone watch, but still kind of cool.

7) Sony announces plans for 23 Jump Street- No director is attached yet, but obviously they're gonna run this franchise to the ground! Lol I liked 22 Jump Street, but again I thought the jokes were a little too meta and I'd like to see a movie with its jokes a little less layered. It's not bad to incorporate that in jokes, but I just like the story of 21 Jump Street so much, I would rather see another original story than a bunch of meta jokes and Ice Cube's part expanded THAT much. As much as I love Ice Cube and wish to be him one day.

8) Broadway decides to dim the lights for Joan Rivers- Thank god! I mean really, Joan loved theater, she supported theater and its total bull for them not to dim the lights. They said because "she hadn't been relevant to broadway in 20 years" and that "when you think of Joan, you don't think of broadway." Boy would she have haunted them if they didn't do that because I really think Joan would be furious about not having the lights dimmed in her honor. I'm sure she's gotten a lot of people famous and I do think of Broadway when I think of Joan Rivers. I mean the woman had "Hey Big Spender" played at her funeral!

Also another random thing: I don't think its right that the newsmagazine type of shows are calling her funeral "A Star Studded Funeral." Yes thats what Joan would have wanted and yes that is what it was, but I don't think any funeral should be described as "star-studded." I'm just not sure about that.

9) Alex Trebeck to don a Mustache in new season of Jeopardy- Ohhhh my gosh stop the presses... the news is done. Alex Trebeck will now host Jeopardy with a mustache once again. I feel like his mustache shaving was the most controversial shave of all time. Probably, I think Tom Selleck shaved his at one point while he was on Friends, but still he grew it back! So yeah I'm excited to see this again. I love that the Will Ferrell Alex Trebeck still had a mustache cause that would somehow be even more controversial. Yeah, this is just cool I'm pumped to see it again. He's going to look so different.

10) Six Californias plan to possibly happen maybe- A few months ago I remember hearing a proposal to split up california. I thought it was into 4 different parts, but its 6 different parts actually. Apparently it gained enough votes to be on a ballot next year. I think this is going to be messy. It makes enough sense because its such a big state, it may make sense to split it up into 6 different states to govern... but at the same time I feel like that will make a lot of good laws worse? Like I feel like some of the states will use this to ban gay marriage or to make marijuana legal or illegal or whatever. I just think that it will get messy that way.

Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f