Skip to main content

Stuff That Happened this week! (9/14-9/21/14)

1) HIMYM Pineapple Incident Mystery= solved!- How I Met Your Mother released a new deleted scene that explains what the deal with the pineapple that Ted stole that one time when he was drunk. I was happy it was finally explained and they even made sure to include The Captain in solving their mystery... but I see why it was deleted. Ted told his kids that he still didn't know what happened with that pineapple. And now they just use it basically as an advertisement to buy the complete series. I'm a little over HIMYM now that the finale was so bad. It just... meh.

2) Honey Boo Boo's mom breaks up with Sugar Bear- Well okay, not necessarily "breaks up" but they're taking some time apart. Not shocking, I mean not to sound sexist or anything... but I think Honey Boo Boo's mom has 4 kids all from different fathers none of which are Sugar Bear. Not really judging, but that is a hard situation for a guy to get into in the first place... plus then he has to be on this crazy reality show and its not right. It isn't what he signed up for, they were just an ordinary family until Alana drank her Go-Go juice and went crazy on Toddlers and Tiaras... so yeah. Craziness!

3) First person to buy new Ipod 6 in Austrailia drops it on live tv- This is so something I would do. I think it's so funny that they just got it... they're super excited AND THEN THEY DROP IT! So much for the unbreakable glass thing! Lol.

4) Will Ferrell to reprise the role of Mugato in Zoolander 2- Yes first off, they're definitely doing a Zoolander 2, its official and that's exciting news. I say lots of bad things about sequels, especially after its been such a long time since the movie... but we need a sequel for this! It's such a funny movie and it is pretty stupid so they won't really screw it up. Especially with Will Ferrell as the ridiculous and amazing villain Mugato. I'm sold on this movie, its good.

5) Benedict Cumberbatch played Mr. Darcy for charity- I don't actually know much about this story, but it makes me think Benedict Cumberbatch is kind of hot now when I didn't before. The other funny thing is that it said "Benedict Cumberbatch played the Colin Firth role in Pride and Prejudice." You know, cause it isn't like there was a book or anything it was based off of. It's not like he's playing the sexiest man in the literary world or anything... he's just a role that Colin Firth played one time. lol. Yeah Mr. Darcy is hot.

6) t.a.t.u singer says she would "condemn" her son for being gay- This is further proof of me not being a really good source of news because I don't even know the singers name or anything. If I'm not mistaken there was a blonde girl and a dark haired girl in t.a.t.u and I think she's the dark haired one. I could be totally wrong for this but whatever... It isn't important who she is but what she said.

The Russian band t.a.t.u was rather controversial I guess back in the day because they were "the lesbian band." I don't think the two singers were actually lesbians, but they did kiss on stage several times and this singer says she likes both guys and girls and she thinks that people should love who they love no matter what. Unless it's her own son I guess, in which case she doesn't think its okay for him to be gay. It's fine if her daughter is, but she says there is more of a social stigma on men to be gay, so it wouldn't be okay for her son to be gay.

This is just like... really? Do you not remember what you said a few years ago? It's totally going back on her word I guess. And it makes sense that people change when they have kids, but you should love your KID no matter what. Especially after you said all those things about loving whoever you want. Like really?

It's interesting but ultimately love who you love. If its a social stigma or your parents don't accept it, just no that there isn't really anything stronger than love itself so what you have is more than that anyway!

7) Aubrey Plaza to voice Grumpy Cat in new Christmas Special- This is perfect! Aubrey Plaza is the cutest grumpy person ever! I'm actually excited for this now. It's not that I don't like Grumpy Cat or anything... but I probably wouldn't have watched this if it weren't for Aubrey Plaza. I think she'll be really funny and do a great job as Grumpy Cat!

8)OITNB Writer Lauren Morelli leaves husband for the actress that plays Poussey- This just sounds like an episode of OITNB itself! So the writer Lauren Morelli who discovered that she was a lesbian shortly after marrying her husband and after writing a love scene between Alex and Piper is now dating Samira Wiley, aka the actress that plays Poussey. I think this is cool. The two look great together and like I said, it sounds like an episode of OITNB itself, its exciting! I feel bad for her husband because she did discover her inner self shortly after marrying him... but hopefully he's a good man and he'll be happy that she has discovered herself and found someone. And hopefully someone is out there for him too. Maybe. Maybe he's a jerk idk I shouldn't assume things lol. Either way, OITNB is a successful show... he'll probably get alimony from her. Which is also sad because it shows what marriage has really come to these days... but whatever lol. Good for Lauren and Samira!

Also I really like Poussey and I wonder what's going to happen with her and Taystee! I don't think Taystee is into her so that's sad... but I'd love to see more of them. lol.


That's all for this week!
Byeee!
-Shannon

P.S. I just edited this because I totally forgot the story I was most excited about! AHHHH! lol!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f