Skip to main content

Scribbles About TV: Best Lines From Shows

A lot of times a lot of jokes and stuff in tv shows can get lost throughout the entire series and things like that... but there are a few hidden gems in the writing world that just stick out to me even years after the show has ended. This is kind of something I want to do a lot in with my writing, so this is something that's important to me. These may not be the exact lines and they aren't the

Will And Grace 
This is what inspired this post. There's an episode where I believe Grace is fighting with her friend Ellen and Karen is trying to stick up for Grace I believe. She insults what Ellen is wearing and:

Ellen: I got this from Ann Taylor Loft!

Karen: And when you walked down the street I bet they all Loft! (meaning laughed.)

I just thought that was so funny. And now of corse whenever I see a Loft or an Ann Taylor Loft I say "and when you walk down the street, they'll all lof" lol. I was with a group of my friends a few weeks ago and one of my friends mentioned that she wanted to loft the bed in her dorm and then my other friend said "and they all loft" and I started dying. It's just this silly little line from a tv show that I had repeated soo many times that now its an inside joke between my friends. And it's such an obscure Will and Grace joke that I don't think many people would get it, but to me it stuck out and its soooo sooo great!

The League 
Anything Rafi does is just so funny and amazing, but in season 5 after the Rafi and Dirty Randy episode, I think he's at his best! He and Kevin are talking because Kevin left Taco money in his will and Taco needed to pay Rafi back, but he couldn't do it until Kevin was dead or Kevin had to give him the money. SO that whole thing is funny to begin with. But then Rafi explains that he's invested in "stocks" including chicken stock, beef stock, vegetable stock and he says that in the apocalypse everyone is going to come for him for soup. And then he says "I'm going to be a Boulien-aire." LOL! Just his face, the delivery of that line in particular and Rafi's behavior through the whole episode are just ON POINT and it was just such a funny line. None of these probably sound funny when I explain them like this, this may have been a less good blog post than I thought... but ohhh well. lol.

Friends 
I could probably keep going on with friends, but I just want to pick one line. It was an episode in season 7 called the one with Phoebe's cookies... idk. But anyway... you know what? This is not going to translate in text... let me find a clip... here. Basically Monica wants Phoebe's grandmother's cookie recipe and Monica bakes a bunch of cookies to try to match it. And Phoebe thinks that she can get it from her relative Nestley Tou-louse... which is Nestle Tollhouse! Lol its just really funny and with the show as a whole 10 seasons... this is a moment that sticks out.

Trueblood 
In one episode Andy Bellfleur says "Jesus Tits and God America." There is nothing that that doesn't offend... but that's funny.

Bob's Burgers 
Louise and Gene are telling Bob all the holidays they like better than Thanksgiving and Louise says "Angela Lansbury's Birthday." First off... this would be funny enough to begin with. What a random holiday! It's like me wanting to celebrate Macklemore's birthday.(One time I had a dream that Macklemore's birthday was a celebration like Thanksgiving.) Anyway Angela Lansbury's birthday just happens to be October 16th... which is also MY BIRTHDAY! And Angela Lansbury is totally my favorite birthday buddy! She's much better than John Mayer! I also thought it was funny that Gene said the season premier of Game of Thrones. Lol.

Anyway I think that is it for right now... I think I'll do more of these, but that's it right now. Check these out if you can find them anywhere.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f