Skip to main content

Stuff I Ate: Donut Fries

Alright- not sure if these are still out right now or not... but recently Dunkin Donuts started doing a special menu type thing-and as of the time I'm writing this the only thing that came out anywhere outside of Massachusetts (I think) are the Donut Fries... which is the thing that everyone was most excited about.

Let's talk about Expectations vs. Reality here... I don't know why- but I was expecting these to be kind of crispy and sort of like Churros. They weren't like that at all! They were kind of fluffy... and people are kind of comparing them to a cronut... it's sort of like that and sort of like a soft Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel... but with more of a dough texture than a pretzel texture... so keep that in mind.

These are delicious! They're a little bit like the Taco Bell Cinnabon Delights- but without the cream... which I think I kind of prefer... I love the Cinnabon Delights after a night at the bar... you get the Cool Ranch Doritoes Locos Taco, you get the Cinnabon Delights- you take a bite of one and then a bite of the other and you leave all your regrets for the morning. These are better for like an every day basis. I used to take the train at Newark Penn Station to go to and from school... I would have loved these for the ride home... or before class started... these would have been perfect. Maybe not all the time if I was trying to be healthy... but who are we kidding... I wasn't! Lol.

I like a lot of things from Dunkin Donuts... these are probably the best things that they have right now... I hope these are permanent menu items- I know they tend to bring things back when they're gone... so hopefully these are still available- but if they aren't definitely wait until they come back... or get the taco bell cinnabon delights... because it's similar... but I prefer those after drinking.

I hope this review was helpful. I think my description of the Cinnabon Delights might be the best things I've ever written... so that's a thing.

Bye!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...