Skip to main content

Oreo Party!

Okay... so this is something I think I've mentioned... but I'm really excited about it.

I always see the flavors of oreos... but I never end up eating all of them... so I thought "Hey I want to have an Oreo party where we get a bunch of different flavors of oreos... and eat them! I told this idea to my friends and they supported my life choices... so they're up for it! We were going to have a party anyway- like I recently mentioned in my Queso dip post from yesterday... but now I said "yes! I'm bringing oreos!"

So I think on Saturday I'll post actual reviews of these oreos and maybe even include some thoughts from my friends and rankings and reviews. Today I just wanted to introduce the concept of an Oreo Party and tell you some ideas of what to do at an oreo party.

I went with a pretty good variety of oreos. I have some chocolate, some vanilla, some oreo thins and some regular oreos... I also went with double stuffed because... you can't go wrong with double stuffed!

First off... the ones I really wanted to try and the inspiration behind my #oreoparty were the Kettle Popcorn Oreos and the Cherry Cola ones. I had heard both of these were pretty good... and honestly they both sound pretty good. The Cherry Cola ones are chocolate with a popping candy in them and the Kettle Corn ones are Golden Oreos.

Next up we have an underrated variety of oreos: The Oreo Thins. I feel like people were maybe skeptical about these when they came out... but these guys are pretty darn impressive and now they even have some interesting flavors. They have Salted Caramel- which should probably be good. These are golden oreos, so these are vanilla with the salted caramel in the middle. And then the one I think I'm most intrigued by- the Pistachio oreo thins... this could be delicious. Maybe if you have this with pistachio ice cream... that could be awesome.

That's the strong point of these oreo thins... use them to make ice cream sandwiches. It's not bad!

And then we have the Fudge Covered Mint Oreos... Thin Mints anyone? I thought my friends would like these cause I'm pretty sure they like thin mints.

And then Double Stuffed because these were the only real requests from anyone... and you can't go wrong with regular oreos... and double stuffed is better.

So some things we might do... blindfolded taste test... I haven't told them the flavors yet- so maybe I'll keep it a secret and do that. I also think it'd be cute if you got little containers and put all the different flavors in it like if you were to buy Macaroons or fancy cookies or something.

I also feel like we could use these for recipes or put them in vanilla ice cream or something if we don't like them on their own. Also fried oreos are a thing. Ohhh and oreo balls- that's a pretty easy recipe that is delicious also- especially for summer!

So yeah! This is just a fun little idea I had that I'm excited for! I'm still going to do Favorite Movie Friday tomorrow and then after that I'll do a review of all of these!

Bye!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...