Skip to main content

Favorite Movie Friday: Role Models

So here is a weird pick for my favorite movie... I feel like this one makes sense though. This was actually the first R rated comedy that I saw by myself without sneaking in and without sneaking my friends in... plus it was maybe the funniest R rated comedy I had seen at the time. I don't exactly know why I found it so funny to be honest- but I do still like it today and it's still good.

This movie- however- would not be made in 2018. There are tons of jokes that are like incredibly inappropriate and a little bit cringe worthy. A large plot point is Sean William Scott teaching a 10 year old kid to be his wing man... and how to pick up chicks and look at boobs... and that is weird. The kid is really funny because he's very sarcastic and he curses a whole lot and he's a cute kid os it's especially funny... but like I said... cringy.

I feel like I didn't explain the plot of this movie a lot either... cause it's a bit of a weird one. Paul Rudd and Sean William Scott work for this energy drink company called Minotaur and they go to different schools and tell kids not to do drugs but to drink Minotaur instead... and there's a lot of funny moments with that. The Minotaur isn't exactly good for you and they aren't exactly anti-drug. Paul Rudd gets angry and has a fight with his girlfriend and then he drives the truck into a statue- so they need to do a "big brothers big sisters" type of program to get out of going to jail. Paul Rudd's character is placed with a nerdy kid that does role playing games and Sean William Scott's character is with the kid that curses that I mentioned before.

The best thing about the plot of the movie is that there are kind of a lot of fun subplots- which result in an epic role playing battle where the 2 "Bigs" aka Paul Rudd and Sean William Scott dress up as Kiss with their two "littles" aka the kids and they were watching... so that was pretty cool... and it just seems like it has all of these parts that are so very different from the beginning of the movie... and I just liked that! I think that made it a little more exciting and kind of fun!

So that is everything! I think this is a great movie despite not being great by today's standards and not really standing the test of time... I still think it's just as funny... and that's a weird pick for a movie favorite... but not bad! I'm happy I liked this so much because it's still one that I'll watch and enjoy again.

That is everything for this Favorite Movie Friday! My next movie will be Forgetting Sarah Marshall... which I'm excited about!

Bye!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f