Skip to main content

Scribbles About Food: Angeline by Michael Symon at Borgata

So at my friends bachelorette party we stayed at The Borgata... and I was really excited because I recognized the restaurant we were at as Michael Symon's newest restaurant... and I had really wanted to try that when I first heard about it. I love Michael Symon on The Chew and I think this is the closest restaurant he has.

Plus it wasn't like the other celebrity restaurant at Atlantic City... it was like an actual restaurant... not just something with Symon's name plastered everywhere... I had to google to make sure it was his restaurant... it just looks like a nice Italian restaurant with an Atlantic City feel to it.

I think the menu probably changes from season to season... it seemed like there were some nice fall options to it and there's a lot that you could get from the menu... for the most part it's regular italian food... but there are some lighter pastas too- like the one I ordered... so yeah.

I didn't have any appetizers... it didn't look like that inventive of a menu... but if you were there with a large group you could get your own appetizer- or if you were sharing with a friend or something that would be good. They had some soups that looked good. My friend got the Tasting Board Appetizer as her meal, which came with all the meats and cheeses on the menu... and I had a piece of the salami and it was really good... they were saying the Prosciuto was really tasty... and the cheeses looked good too... I don't really like Parmesean or Gorgonzola... and those were 2 of the options... but it still looked nice and my friend seemed to enjoy it.

All of the italian food that came out looked tasty. One girl got lasagna, someone got chicken parm... I think Eggplant Parm was an option too... they all looked delicious. Someone got fish and they delivered it to me by mistake and that smelled really amazing and she really liked it.

I got the fettuccine which had pumpkin and pistachios... It wasn't the option I would really recommend the most. It was still tasty... but it was a little bit bland. It had a very light sauce that didn't taste like much and there was a good amount of pumpkin... not a ton of pistachios though... and the portion size wasn't the best for the price. I was slightly disappointed... I did end up eating the whole thing and I didn't dislike it... but I wouldn't order it again. If I were to go back I wouldn't get this... I wouldn't really recommend it... it was good for me because it filled me up enough for when I went out later and it was light enough that it didn't bother my stomach at all... so I guess it's the right choice for the night... but probably not the most delicious thing on the menu.

The best part was the Sea Salt Caramels that they brought out with the check! The chocolate was really good and the caramel was nice and gooey and there was a good amount of salt on them... someone in my party didn't take theirs... so I ate it for them... lol. That's kind of terrible but I had to! No shame! Lol. I wish they had those at the gift store because they would really be a perfect souvenir for my family... and I would probably end up eating them all... lol. They were so yummy and perfect for a little favor for a restaurant on the shore.

So... not my favorite restaurant in Atlantic City. If you want really great Italian food, I would say to just take a Jitney or an Uber over to Carmines because they have delicious. They are probably a lot more expensive and it is family style though. I would go back because I am curious about their italian food... but there's a lot to do in Atlantic City... this is a little skippable.

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...