Skip to main content

This Week in TV- (Week of 11/2/14)

Sunday- 

Once Upon a Time- I like the connection between Emma and the Snow Queen, but that is very creepy and dark. I liked that this episode focused around Belle, I thought that was great. I thought Belle's mom was going to be the missing sister, but I guess she wasn't. I'm not sure I totally understood everything that was going on, this is one of their harder to follow storylines, but overall it was good.

The Affair- Must catch up!

Bob's Burgers- I'm so happy this show is back! I thought it was really funny too. Tina fell in love with a fake ghost that Louise made up... it was just really good all around. They always have good Halloween episodes and this was really really great.

Brooklyn 99- Really funny episode all around. Holt was good, it was funny that Jake and Amy found out about Gina and Boyle... The club scene was funny, and I like seeing the softer side of Rosa. She was especially good paired with Terry Crews character this week.

Monday 

Gotham- Must catch up!

Jane The Virgin- Good episode. I kind of love Raphael and I love whats going on between him and Jane. Its pretty amazing. I also like that Jane found out who her father was and I'm happy she's upset her mom didn't tell her. Jane always "does the right thing" more or less and I like that she's still human and she gets upset with these things.

Tuesday 

New Girl- Ohhh my gosh. This was the best episode ever. One of my favorite episodes of any tv show ever. I feel like if this happened to my friends and I we would react the same exact way... it was just the funniest thing.

The Mindy Project- Good episode. I liked Peter's girl! But he was such a jerk to her! And I love anything with Mark Duplass in it... seriously he is amazing. Especially as Delorean.

Marry Me- Really good this week too. I'm becoming kind of obsessed with every character and with Annie and Jake in general! They're both really amazing!

Forever- .... must catch up

Wednesday 

AHS Freakshow- Slightly underwhelming after the last couple weeks... Not gonna lie. It wasn't bad, it had some great guest stars and plot twists and when the crowd hated Elsa I really felt her pain and it was very moving. I guess saying it was a letdown after the past couple of weeks is not quite right... It was a decent follow up... But not all that spectacular.

Thursday- 

How To Get Away With Murder- OMG! It was amazing. This was probably my favorite episode yet. It was so good. I'm obsessed with Rebecca, who was also Maggie from The Carrie Diaries... and just what a great episode!

The Big Bang Theory- Too Mushy... it was cute but it wasn't that exciting. It was just like "ohhh i love you penny, I love you leonard." Amy and Sheldon also said I love you... but nothing wowed me about the episode as a whole.

Friday 

Cristela- I don't usually watch tv on fridays... but I was home and had nothing to do, so I accidentally watched Cristela for the first time... it was cute but a little confusing. Cristela gave her niece money for her birthday in the hopes that they would buy her a tablet and Cristela was upset that she got a purse instead that "all the cool girls had." While this message is good... it was weird. Why didn't she just buy her a tablet if she wanted her niece to have a tablet? Why isn't it cool to have a tablet? I just don't think that message was as strong as it was meant to be. It was kind of cute... but there were no real laughs and just... no. Not nearly as funny as The Neighbors.

So this weeks winners... for Drama it was definitely How To Get Away With Murder and I have a feeling it will be for the next few weeks because it just looks sooo soo good coming up. For comedy it was New Girl, which surprised me. Not because New Girl isn't a great show because it totally is... but compared to The Mindy Project and other comedies that are on it just has never been my absolute favorite... this week it totally totally was one of the funniest things ever on television.

Overall this week was awesome and I can't wait to catch up on Gotham and Forever because those look like they've been really great also!

Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f