Skip to main content

Stuff that happened this week (with a bit from the tail end of last week)

1) Disney's Hollywood Studio's to remove Mickey's Sorcerer's hat- This is just a dumb move to me. Their reasoning makes enough sense... but its stupid. I think that every land in Disney World has its own landmark thats iconic and I really thought this was Hollywood Studio's landmark. I think they've been trying to reinvent Hollywood Studios for a while and they still haven't really found a way to make it fit with the other Disney attractions. They say that it distracts from The Great Movie Ride and that they want to make it more "Classic Hollywood." But the hat is classic Disney and its iconic... it should be a landmark in the park. And it seems fitting to me that it is in Hollywood Studios since it is a big moment for Hollywood and for Disney. Idk...

2) Honey Boo Boo gets cancelled after mom is spotted dating a sex offender- TLC wasted no time with this one. TMZ reported that Honey Boo Boo's mom was dating a registered sex offender and it was cancelled right away. She probably started dating him thinking ratings of the show would go up... or maybe its just that she's stupid. Doesn't really surprise me, she has 4 children all by different men, living this simple life... but then she gets a taste of fame and it consumes her. Also Honey Boo Boo should just be cancelled anyway. So should Toddlers and Tiaras even though I find it oddly fascinating. I'm not for objectifying children like that. I may do a scribble about news on this now that I think about it because... I have some more opinions on this. But yeah, good thing this is done with.

3) Abc's Manhattan Love Story is the first show of the fall to get cancelled- This doesn't surprise me. A) There are far too many romantic comedies on TV right now B) This is hard to follow and just not funny. I can see where they may have thought this was a good concept... but no. A lot of times, writing a tv show can be like on Extras. The writers may try to do one thing and then producers and networks go "but lets make it this." I'm not saying that is what happened here, I have no idea what anyone wanted... but that is something that I could see happening.

4) Mindy Kaling mistaken for Malala- I think this is kind of funny and horrible at the same time. Apparently at an event recently someone came up to Mindy and said "Congratulations on your Nobel Prize." Mistaking her for the Pakistani Nobel Peace Prize Winning Activist Malala Yousafzai. I wonder if Mindy Kaling was like "Wow, I know the episode of The Mindy Project about Butt Sex was good... but I didn't know it was nobel prize winning... ohhh." Probably not... but its kind of funny. Also Mindy is Indian and in her 30s and Malala is from Pakistan and is 17.

5) Jessica Biel pregnant- Yes! More attractive people having babies news! I'm always happy about that. Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake have announced that they are expecting their first child. Suck it Blake Lively! Lol just kidding... but seriously all I see on facebook news now is "Blake Lively did this... and she's pregnant" and "Blake Lively did that... and she's pregnant." Before she was pregnant with Ryan Reynold's child, no one really gave a shit about Blake Lively. And she's gorgeous and probably a nice girl and I really liked her in Sisterhood of the traveling pants, but other than I kinda miss the times when no one really cared about her. I'm not saying I'm not a fan, but I don't really think "hmmm I wonder what Blake Lively is doing right now" that often and it kind of upsets me that just because she's pregnant people are talking about her.

So yeah... Baby Biel!

6) Sandra Bullock helps save extra- While shooting in New Orleans an extra in a Sandra Bullock movie collapsed because of the heat there and Sandra rushed to her side to aide her. Thats nice. I've fainted before and I could see this happening to me. Actually once when I was in high school I fainted during a Cobra Starship concert and their merch guy, who I think is named Danny, helped me and gave me a water. That was nice. I could see Sandra Bullock being as nice as Danny the Merch Guy... lol.

7) Freakshow casting news- It was just announced that Neil Patrick Harris and his hubby David Burtka will both guest star on AHS. I'm guessing NPH will be a magician because he's a magician in real life. Idk what David will be, but they are said to be in different episodes. Also Lilly Rabe will be in the series and will be reprising her role as Sister Mary Eunice. There has already been a bit of a connection with Penny the "pinhead" from Asylum and Freakshow. I'm interested in this. I'm thinking that maybe Mary Eunice gets a curiosity for the "dark side", so to speak during this crossover. Maybe she did not really want to be a nun but she did... idk. Who knows!

8) Mitch Hurwitz re-cutting Arrested Development Season 4 to be in chronological order- This is interesting... I'm not sure how I feel about this. A lot of people had complaints about season 4. Personally, it was my least favorite season but I still really liked it. Gob in particular was amazing. I will watch it obviously but I'm not totally sure we need it. I feel like its almost dumbing it down a little for the people that didn't get it, and Arrested Development isn't a show for dumb people. If you need to dumb it down that much... watch two and a half men or something instead. Lol. Just being real. Maybe it will be more enjoyable... I don't really know. I think I'm going to have to rewatch season 4 again just so I can know and tell if the chronological order helps it. Arrested Development is my area of expertise and it is the reason why I am who I am today really, so yeah. Arrested Development, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, and The Princess Diaries are all a big part of who I am today lol.

9) Apple CEO Proudly Announces He's Gay- Tim Cook made an announcement that is not about a new Iphone, Ipad, Iwatch, Itampon or whatever the latest thing Apple is doing is. He announced in Bloomberg that he's gay and proud. Good for him. People were probably pretty bummed that there's no new unbendable iphone, but whatever. Lol.

10) Chris Christie tells heckler to "sit down and shut up"- I don't usually like talking about politics but I live in NJ and he was talking right outside of my high school pretty much. You can see my principal in the backround in some things, so thats a cool thing. And I can also see both sides of the story. I can understand why the "heckler" (although I don't know if I would call him that exactly) was angry, he still isn't in his home yet and there is nothing they can do to help with it. He asked Christie to have dinner with him and he said "there are 1,000 things I have to do. Having dinner with you is about 1,001." That would piss me off if I were the "heckler" especially because Christie... well he has a lot of money. He flew a hellicopter in for his kids soccer game or something. A few years before the hurricane there was a terrible blizzard in NJ and I couldn't leave my house for days... Christie was in Florida having a good time with his family. I can see his stuck up-ness. I kind of like him as a politician though because he can work well with both sides and I think that is kind of the most important thing.

Also a lot of people are call Chris Christie a "bully" for things like this... I really don't think that makes him a bully at all. I mean how many politicians really tell it like it is and say exactly what they're thinking and don't give a crap about what other people think. I admire that.

Take it however you will. Don't be offended by my opinions because they are opinions and I am not offended by your opinions. Unless you insult Lady Gaga. I take that very personally for whatever reason.

11) NBC Cancels Bad Judge and From A to Z- Good. I wanted to see Bad Judge because I like Kate Walsh... but after hearing bad reviews and thinking it would get cancelled for sure, I didn't risk it. And From A to Z's pilot didn't win me over at all. If you're writing a show and you want to establish strong characters to set the whole series out, don't describe them as "he was a man's man" and "she was a girl's girl" that is boring. Also its been done before, it was basically 500 Days of Summer the TV Show... so yeah.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f