Skip to main content

This Week In TV: Week of 11/16/14

Sunday 

Once Upon A Time- Ohhhh my gosh! What is happening and why???? When Rumple took Hook's heart its like he took my heart too! And then at the end the touching scene with Emma and her parents and Henry and Elsa. And then the cliffhanger at the end... it was good. Can't believe it isn't on again for two weeks! Ugh!

Bobs Burgers- This was kind of cute. I like that Bob admitted that Teddy was his best friend. I liked that Louise won the Ice game thingy... it wasn't my favorite episode but it was pretty good.

Brooklyn 99- I appreciate that Brooklyn 99 does Thanksgiving episodes. I loved Friends Thanksgiving episodes, but I like a lot of workplace comedies now, and they don't do Thanksgiving. Hell Arrested Development never even did a Thanksgiving episode... could you IMAGINE Thanksgiving with the Bluths????? Lol. So funny to imagine... anyhoos this was a funny episode. I liked that Jake was in charge and I love when Holt and Jeffords are together. It's just such a good combo of things going on in this ep.

Monday 

Gotham- Not bad. I didn't see the week before when I watched this, but it was still interesting. I liked that there were more Batman types of things than criminal of the week things. I like the return of Cat and... it was just pretty good overall after I was a little over this show.

Jane the Virgin- Yayyyy! Jane and Raphael kiss! It does seem like they're kind of trying to wrap up the show and it hasn't been as exciting as other weeks, but it was still sweet and funny and I liked it.

Tuesday

New Girl- Winston doesn't know how to read a ruler... Schmidt doesn't know how to do laundry and Nick doesn't know how to love. Plus Jess and that hot British guy Mr. Goesinyou... its just so good overall.

The Mindy Project- Ahhhhh! Mindy and Danny!!!!!! This is quite amazing. It could be good and bad. Will Danny break up with her or will he propose? He's going to propose. OMG! Lol.

Marry Me- This was soooo soo good! I love this show so much! I can't wait till Nia Vardalos joins the cast. This is my favorite episode so far I think. I loved it. I thought the illegal cheese thing was hilarious and I loved the relationship between Annie and Jake's mom and that Jake even tried to help Annie out. And the end was kind of Brady Bunch and cute. I also like this new sitcom trope of the Tiny Table... They did it on The Middle, they're doing it here now... I don't think the Tiny Table is going anywhere... and right now I'm for it. Might not be soon... but now I'm okay with this.

Wednesday

The Middle- This was funny. I can see this happening to people (me) in real life. Well I mean what happened with Sue. Can totally see that happening. Lolz. Umm yeah, don't always watch this but its Thanksgiving so I wanted to watch this. Its funny.

The Goldbergs- This show isn't bad but it isn't really my favorite. Its on though and I'm watching it and its not as funny as New Girl or Mindy... but its funny. I like it.

Modern Family- So funny this week! Yeah the whole episode was just really funny. I like that there was the awkward thing between Manny and Haley. I wish Adam Devine had been in the episode... but I guess that wouldn't work out for the whole "Jay, Gloria and Joe were on Vacation" thing... so yeah. Overall I think Modern Family has stepped up its game. I haven't loved the last few seasons, but its been good this year.

AHS Freakshow- I can't even right now because I have all the feels. RIP Ma Patite! I hate Michael Chicklis's character now. Even more than I hate Emma Roberts character and Russell Eddgington. Ugh.

The League- Funny finale. The finales always have such funny moments in them. That end like the very end when Andre wins the beach house and then it burns... ohhh my god. Also very happy that Adam Brody was back as a ghost... I love Adam Brody. Anything with Adam Brody is something I will watch and like a lot. I didn't actually see The OC though and honestly I won't like it... but I love Adam Brody sooo soo much! Lol.

Thursday 

How To Get Away With Murder- Already reviewed this. Loved it got my theories a-goin. Although it is incredibly frustrating.

Drama Winner: How To Get Away With Murder! Comedy... All sooo soo good this week. Really there are three winners: The League, Marry Me and Brooklyn 99. All amazing. Comedy stepped its game up for thanksgiving... and now I'm without a lot of these shows for a little while. HTGAWM won't be on till January. The League won't be on until next september... but you know what? It doesn't matter. Pretty soon Parks and Recreation will be back and it will be lovely. Ohhh and Once was good too!

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f