Skip to main content

Scribbles about Movies: Movies that I will always watch on TV

First off: Sorry I haven't been here the past couple days. I've had ideas to post and stuff but I just haven't really felt like sitting down and actually writing these things. Don't worry, I have plans and I'll get a lot of good posts out soon. Right now I'm just going to do a little random favorite movies type of thing. I've seen a lot of movies a bunch of times, but there are some that I will put on pretty much anytime they are on tv and I don't get tired of them. Most of these are typical girly movies or cartoons... but those I tend not to get tired of very easily.

1) My Big Fat Greek Wedding- I've most likely seen this movie more than any other movie ever. And it still makes me laugh so hard! Maybe its because I'm greek... but a lot of my non-greek friends love this movie too, so it is totally funny and awesome for a lot of people. Nia Vardalos is also my hero and we're basically bffs now. Lol she's one of the best people to follow on Twitter, and she retweeted a picture of me with a personalized copy of her book Instant Mom... which I started reading pretty much right away and I love it. She is truly an inspiration and a great person and I just love her and all that she stands for. 

Side note: If you want a personalized copy of her book Instant Mom you can get it for $25! Check out her facebook or twitter page for more details, but all the proceeds go to adoption charities and its a good cause. And its not just about the adoption process, she talks about her improv background and meeting Tom Hanks as well. She's just hilarious and you will love it. 

2) The Princess Diaries- This is hardly ever on TV anymore... but it is another one of my favorites that I've seen probably a hundred times. And again, I love the book series on this too, which is wayyy wayyy better. But the movie is still completely hilarious. My friend is a camp councilor and she rewatched it with her class recently and she forgot just how funny it was. Again quite amazing. 

3) Despicable Me 1&2- I've never actually seen DM2 on tv... but it should be included because these are my favorite movies ever. The Minions are just so cute and they will never not be funny to me. Plus Gru and the girls and Dr. Nafario and Lucy... its just all good. Love this! Also a lot of my favorite people are in the first movie. Steve Carell, Kristin Wiig, Jemaine Clement, Jack Macbrayer, Will Arnett, Russel Brand!!!! Julie Andrews????? Does it get better than that cast? No. It never will. 

4) Mean Girls- This movie I've watched sooo soo many times. And I love it. It was written by a small writer named Tina Fey who is completely brilliant and amazing. Amy Poehler is also in this movie and she is also amazing. Everyone in this movie is just brilliant in it and I love this movie! Sooo good and I've seen it many times and pretty much everyone my age quotes it frequently... if not every day of our lives. Its just amazing. 

5) Monsters Inc- Another complete favorite of mine. Best Pixar movie. I just saw a post on facebook of Boo that said "Light up the world with your laughter." And I love that! It's such a good cute movie. Very creative and different. I love Sulley and Mike and Boo. All amazing. 

6) Pitch Perfect- For about a month I couldn't get to sleep if I didn't watch this movie. That's a good thing actually. I can only go to sleep while watching TV if its something really good and familiar. Friends, this, occasionally HIMYM, At Midnight, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. It has to be quality entertainment for me to fall asleep watching and this is exactly that. I feel like its very similar to Mean Girls. I love it. And I love Anna Kenderick. 

7) Bridesmaids- I lovvveeee this movie. Its so sooo good! Just non stop funny. I feel like there is something else I notice every time. Its amazing. Love it. John Hamm is hot. So is the cop in the movie. So is Kristin Wiig really. Just all so so great! 

8) Christmas Vacation- I love this movie. Its something I have to watch every Christmas. I love Chevy Chase too. I think he's just so funny, even though I know from Community he isn't easy to work with... he's fucking Chevy Chase. He's awesome. So funny. On Nov. 30th ABC Family is playing Despicable Me and then this... so pumped! 

9) Elf- Another one of the best movies. I feel like this gets funnier the more I watch it. Plus the end is heartwarming and its just a nice movie. Definite fave. This is one I watch not just at christmas also. 

10) Addams Family Values- This has slowly become one of my all time favorites. I wish they played this all year round because... it is just so so good. I like The Addams Family... but this sequel is the best! Arguably the best sequel ever made. I just love it. 

So yeah there is my little list of favorite movies that I can watch over and over again. I also pretty much always watch The Harry Potter movies whenever they're on. So good! 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f