Skip to main content

Throwback Thursday: La La Land (SPOILER HEAVY!)

So I wanted to have my American Horror Story Throwbacks written before Halloween... but that didn't happen. It's hard to watch AHS like that lol. Anyway... here's my review on La La Land which is a movie that came out some time ago and I watched it just in September I think? Maybe October?

I thought this movie was really good. It was kind of hard to watch because it was sad. I didn't want to see them break up... I actually started watching this movie one day and then didn't finish it until quite a few days later because I didn't want them to break up... and I could see the movie was going that way and it made me sad. Lol.

I loved the chemistry between Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling. They both sing really well too... Gosling isn't the best singer- but he's so good looking and he's just got swagger and is right for the part. Emma Stone is pretty amazing... she definitely deserved the Oscar that she won... she's been fantastic in every role I've seen her in and this was definitely the best role of all.

I thought the relationship was really relatable too even though it's an over the top musical... I think anyone that's been in a great relationship that just didn't work out can see how it's a familiar tale... and SPOILERS the epilogue at the end was just kind of a great summary of that. They see what could have been and they could have been happy... but things didn't work to make them happy... so they became happy apart.

Soooo musical numbers... I love City Of Stars... to be honest- not that much else sticks out apart from the movie. I did download the soundtrack but I haven't been listening to it that much because I'd rather just watch the movie again than listen to the soundtrack... and I just haven't watched it a second time. I could definitely watch this over and over again... this is maybe one of my favorite movies ever... and I would just highly recommend it... but you might cry.

Alright that was just about it! Hope you guys like this!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

How To-sday: How To Arrange a Bookshelf

Ahhhh arranging a bookshelf. If you thought you knew how to do it you're probably wrong because I just did it wayyy better! 1) Use it For DVDs  I don't always keep a lot of my books... so many of my book shelves are really DVD shelves. So yeah. 2)  By Genre...  You ever think "Hey I'm in the mood for a horror Movie" and all you're finding is rom coms? Fear no more! Just arrange your dvds according to different genres. I have a section for Romantic Comedies/Chick Flicks, Horror and serious movies... on that shelf I also have my X Files DVDs and Tim Burton Movies because that fit there... One shelf I have cartoons, kids movies and holiday movies... one shelf is comedies, next shelf is TV... and I think that's it. 3) Give Wes Anderson Movies Their Own Shelf-  The only movie that didn't fit in my collection was The Royal Tenenbaums... Couldn't figure out where to put it... so it might get it's own shelf. Maybe I'll get other Wes Anders...