Skip to main content

Chart Chat 11.7.17

10) Let There Be Light This is a religious movie that will likely be on the charts for weeks because people see it in Church groups... I've never heard about it before... it's about an Atheist that goes through a near death experience and then believes in Christianity. Near Death Experiences are interesting... this plot sounds kind of interesting but... it doesn't sound like much for a whole movie... There have been other movies of this variety that sound interesting and something that my mom watches even though we don't go to church... it could be very sad too... so keep that in mind.

I'm excited for the movie Wonder to come out... It has Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Daveed Diggs, it looks like a very uplifting movie. I'll talk about it when it's on the charts... and I think I'm actually going to see the movie so I'm sure I'll have a review.

9) Only The Brave I've talked about this a few times... Firemen- Miles Teller... it sounds different. Also sort of an inspirational movie about some real life heroes... I think this was the Fireman one... maybe it was the miner one? I can't remember... either way... it's something inspirational and different.

8) Thank You For Your Service I haven't heard much about this movie... it's about Veterans adjusting to civilian life... and it's one of those things I think will make me cry. I think this is just about veterans of the current war... it would be interesting if they did a movie with different veterans from different wars and how they all deal with coming home... It would interest me to see how someone from one of the World Wars could relate to the verterans today... That would be interesting to see... but again, very sad and likely very hard to watch.

7) Blade Runner 2049 Ohhh good... this is still on the charts... I was worried it dropped and I would need to talk about a movie I'm more interested in. NEXT!

6) Happy Death Day- Surprised to see this behind Geostorm... but also surprised this movie did so well. It was part of the Blumhouse house (I think?) In Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood. I've heard that event wasn't that great this year... but maybe they'll improve next year or have it in Orlando where I think the HHN budget is a little bit bigger. With this movie doing so well... maybe the Hollywood budget will be bigger next year too. Who knows.

5) Geostorm This has been charting for a minute now... and it sounds interesting enough. I didn't think people would be that interested in this movie... but yeah. Guess they were!

4) Tyler Perry's Boo 2! A Madea Halloween- Surprised this is still in the Top 5! This Box Office takes place after Halloween... so that's kind of interesting... yeah. I haven't seen a Madea movie... but Tyler Perry can be either really good or really bad.

3) Jigsaw I feel like the Saw films have gone in a weird direction... The first few movies had more of a plot from what I gather than the last few and this one looks more like it has a plot... I don't think I'll watch it either way. I like Horror movies... I don't really like slasher or killer movies though... which I guess this is? But still for an R Rated horror movie... not bad!

2) A Bad Mom's Christmas- I loved Bad Mom's and I'm excited for this movie... I'm not sure I'll be seeing it... my mom and I had plans to see it this weekend but then we got kind of busy and tired... next week we want to see Murder on the Orient Express... then we want to see Wonder... so yeah. I'm not sure we'll end up seeing this... hopefully we do but it's not at the top of my list for movies to see. I've been waiting for Murder on the Orient Express for a while now. I love all the actors in it.

1) Thor: Ragnarock I've never seen a Thor movie... I've seen The Avengers... but never Thor. This one sounds like it'll be a great movie though and I'm intrigued by it because it is directed by the same director (or directors?) of What We Do In The Shadows... which is one of the best funny movies ever... if you haven't seen it yet... you should see it. So I kind of want to see this... I don't plan on seeing it anytime soon though!

That's everything for this week! Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f