Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap Up: 7.3.16

Happy july! Here's your weekly wrap up!


Favorites 
Orange is The New Black- The fourth season of Orange is The New Black was definitely the best season so far. I had a review of it already... I totally loved it. I liked it last season and the season before was okay... but this season was amazing! I thought it ended really well. I have some ideas for what I think should happen next season... Idk lol. I'm excited to see what happens though! 

Starbucks Caramel Expresso Granita- When I first tried this I was like "weird" but then I swirled it around a bit and really liked it. I only had one this week... or maybe last week... but it was pretty good! I would try it again and in other flavors!

Couch to 5k- This is an app that gets you to alternate between running and walking. I've done it twice so far, but its really good and easy to use. I think it gets you to run more when you've been doing it a few more weeks. I like it! I'm supposed to be running a 5k soon and my friend said "Oh I can help you with that! There's an app for that!" Lol. Who knew! 


Snippets from the week 
I started Orange is the new black on Monday and finished on Wednesday. I went out to lunch with mom a few times. We celebrated her birthday with some friends. I think my sister stopped over for dinner a few times. I did lip swatch week on my instagram... which was not really my favorite thing...  It was a boring but eventful week. 

TV Highlights 
Missed American Gothic... watched orange is the new black and that Disney Parks series from travel channel. Lol. 

Noteworthy Snacks 
The Granita. I don't think anything else really noteworthy that i liked a lot... I had a few smores fraps this week. And I got a taco at Finns... which is good. Other than that, not too much! 

News and World Events 
Elie Wiesel died this week at the age of 87. He wrote the book Night, which is one book that I think everyone should read at least once if not more than once. Very sad book. He was a holocaust survivor and basically had to watch his family die in a concentration camp... very very sad story. I'll never forget that chapter where he talks about his father's death. It is one of the most moving chapters in any book.

Katy Perry became the most followed person on twitter this week... so thats a thing. Also Fergie released a song called "MILF$" that I am hoping I never have to hear in my life. That's the worst name!

ABC Released its fall schedule... looks good! I'll review it when there are trailers or descriptions or something like that.

Thoughts 
I started reading "The Year of Yes" by Shonda Rhymes this week and I think its important to say yes to things that scare us. You never know right? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...