Skip to main content

APPyness: Pokemon Go

The App everyone is talking about: Pokemon Go! I was excited about this because I was never good at the gameboy pokemon games. I loved the TV show and I collected the cards and the toys. One of the best moments of my life was getting the Pikachu Burger King toy.. but because I never played the game I feel a little excluded from the nostalgia.

My main problem with the game boy games was that it was kind of hard to catch a pokemon... but this is pretty easy. You just look for them and then swipe your phone screen and hope they don't run away from you.

I also like that it is a virtual reality game... but it doesn't really go overboard. Its done well but you still know that you're playing a videogame. You aren't sucked into the game too much. I like that they have the avatar trainers that you can customize... I'm a fan of any game you can customize like that.

And you just find pokemon around where you're at basically. You can walk around your neighborhood or go to the beach or even at Disney they have Pokestops and Pokemon Gyms.

Although I have been playing it a lot... and I do think its fun... I'd say not worth the hype. The thing about looking at your phone while walking around in public means that A) You aren't paying attention to where you're going B) You're drawing a lot of attention to your phone. And people like to steal phones. I remember getting a lot of crime alerts at college because people got mugged for their cell phones... so just be smart about it. Use common sense. Watch your kids when they play with it, don't use it in the car or hiking by a cliff. If you have an ounce of common sense... it isn't that hard.

I didn't really like the pokemon gyms either. I just don't like the gym... haha. No its just... not really my thing. I feel bad battling my pokemon. I didn't think it was that fun. I prefer catching the pokemon and naming them and going to the pokestops than battling my pokemon.

Usually I play this while I'm a passenger in a car... and its fun that way. I don't have to move any extra. I can see the pokestops and things like that... and thats pretty fun to me. I don't need to battle my pokemon or anything. I'm not playing this every second of every day... I just casually play it.

Hope this review was fun. What do you guys think of it?

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...