Skip to main content

Scribbles About TV: Orange is The New Black Season 4 (Spoilers)

So I wasn't all that excited when this season came out to be totally honest...the show hasn't been that good in a long time, I like Grace and Frankie a little better...and it just isn't my absolute favorite show anymore.

...but this season was different! It started out really really well and I wasn't really going to binge watch it or anything but then I ended up watching 7 episodes the fist day and finishing it within 3 days... Oops! Like I said it was a good season. 

There's never really been a "hide the body" storyline on the show, but this year it did! And I think that was what the show was really missing. I liked the friendship between Lolly and Alex, I liked that we learned Lolly's backstory. I liked knowing more about Healy cause he kinda didn't get the attention needed last year on the show... And I still didn't really like his backstory, but it made sense at least now! 

And I liked Piper's story this season! I liked her story last season too and I know everyone hates her... But I like Piper and I thought it was good! I liked that she thought she was so badass... but then when Alex told her she killed someone she just kinda stopped the act entirely. Partially when she was branded... but I think that was before Alex said anything... so that was kind of a cool transition!

And the end... that took such a turn! I wasn't expecting that at all... it commented on events that were going on in a really real way. Didn't expect Daya to take a turn like that. And I didn't see... any of that really happening. I really like Poussey and they kept commenting about how tiny she was and then they did the episode of Baxter... who seemed like a nice guard but dumb... and he didn't really mean to get caught up in the middle of everything... but he did and it shouldn't have happened.

Caputo seemed to really have things together this season... but then at the end... he didn't even mention Poussey's name! And it really seemed like he was trying to do the right thing all year... just caught up because of his girlfriend and his job... and it was just not the right way to handle things. It was sad. I didn't want him to be the bad guy... but he always is.. and it was bad. It was just a very sad ending that was fitting... but wrong. And sad.

So yeah... that was everything I want to mention. It seems like they listened to complaints about last season and took them to heart when creating this season... and I thought it was better than ever because of that. There were so many things I complained about last season... and no complaints this season! I thought it was a really great season all in all! Best season ever I'd even say!

Byeee!
-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...