Skip to main content

APPyness: Couch 2 5K Review

So I hate running... really hate it! However, a lot of people I know were signing up for a local 5K. I was going to sign up just to walk instead of running, because that is also an option... but my dad signed up for the run, so I felt kind of wimpy only signing up for the walk. I mentioned how nervous I was about this 5k to a friend on instagram and she told me to download this app to help me get ready... so that is what I did!

I like the app a lot! Its easy because it alternates between running and walking and it gradually changes so that you do more and more running and eventually you just run without stopping! Right now I'm on Week 3 and I just finished Day 1... and that was really really hard! It gets easier though and by the time you're on Day 3 you'll be ready for the next step.

I should explain the week/ day part better. Every week takes 3 days and then you get sort of "leveled up" and the next week you do a little more running. As long as you are consistent with it 3 days a week, it should be pretty easy to transition and do more running. Its always hard on the first day, but as I said, it gets easy as long as you're consistent.

The app takes 2 months I believe... and if you are using it 3 times a week you should be able to do a 5k with little to no problem. I guess... Like I said I'm only on Week 3... but I am consistent. I try doing it every other day... so it works for me.

I use it in my sister's room instead of outside or on a treadmill. I like this because I can do that any time of day and I don't have anything to hold my phone or my water, so that helps a lot. And that way I don't have excuses like "ohhh the weather is bad" or "its too late in the day" or something like that. I can just do it in there without any problem. Usually I'll do a little 30 minute workout before... just because I felt like I could do something to round it out and do a full hour workout.

Sometimes if you have notifications from other apps, the voice can get messed up and its harder to tell what you're supposed to be doing... but that only happened to me once, which is weird. It does connect to your itunes, so if you do want to listen to music while you run, you can do that with no problem. I listen to (and recommend listening to) the Hamilton Soundtrack. Its a really fun soundtrack to pump you up and get you motivated for running. My favorite song to rap to is Guns and Ships... which is the famous Lafayette rap. Its just good!

I just have the free version, I think they have a paid version too that is only 1.99 or something... and they have Zombie 5k which is also about 1.99 or something. I just have the free one for now... I kind of want the zombie one but I don't like paying for apps because I delete apps a lot... so I don't want to feel like I need to keep it because I paid for it... which is silly. But whatever. We'll see how much I like this when I'm finished. And I'll let you know when I finish and run the 5k! You'll be updated. Lol.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f