Skip to main content

Favorite Things Of The Week! 10/27/17

So I thought I would try an updated weekly wrap up kind of combining both versions of what I've done from "The Weekly Wrap Up" before... so this is just kind of like the little moments of the week and my favorite things... maybe it's similar to what I was doing... I'm just kind of re-working it.

Sunday 10.22.17

So Saturday Night I was up pretty late watching DuckTales... no shame... I'm probably going to do a review of the show pretty soon because I kind of love it. Anyway- yeah that was kind of fun... and I sort of slowly woke up that morning. I had been in the house alone with my dog all weekend and we just kind of chilled that morning... and I love chilling with my dog. He's such a gorgeous dog and he's so funny and cute and fluffy. I love him... so I was happy to just kind of watch him wake up and sleep in...

even with that- I still got up and out kind of early. My aunt was in town- so she wanted to go to a local place to pick up a dinner and go to the beach... ohhh and I wanted Starbucks lol. So I went to those places and that was a lot of fun. I'm not a huge beach person- but my aunt lives further from the beach- so whenever she's here she likes to see it. And I appreciate it when it isn't the summer. It was still a perfectly hot day and I was a little overdressed for what I thought it would be... but it was just nice. I was doing the "Black and White" challenge on Facebook so I got a cool picture of the sand in Black and White.
And in the facebook challenge you aren't supposed to discuss what the picture is... but I'm always interested in seeing the footbprints in the sand and it makes me happy to see some paw prints. Most people had shoes on- some people might have had their bare feet... idk but it was kind of cool to see what was going on... and it's just nice to see this on a sunday morning. It was calm and peaceful. Perfect day for it! 

My parents had a fun time away. They saw Bruce Springsteen on Broadway and they had a really good time. The following day they explored the city a little and on that Sunday they slept in... missed the earlier boat- but that was okay. They got me a Jack Skellington Sweatshirt from The Disney Store too! So that was nice! 

Monday 10.24.17 
Today was a fun day. Babysat my niece... and she just wanted to play with her Grandpa that day. I was playing with her for a little bit and my dad was trying to get some work done... but she saw him and she was about to walk right over to him... and she can't walk yet... so that was pretty adorable. 

While I was in the middle of doing my Makeup that day the UPS truck came and delivered a really nice birthday present from my friend... so that was fun to put on right then lol. I just had a good time with it. She got me an eyeshadow and lipstick from Mac and I really liked it. 

Not many favorites other than those... but it was a good day! 

Tuesday 10.25.17 

The day was the same as usual... babysat- played with the baby and whatnot... but it was still a fun day. 

I watched some of the Elvira Special that she does at Knott's Berry Farm... I kind of want to go there one day for Halloween. It looks so fun and Elvira is there and I kind of love her. So that was fun to watch. 

The Dis Unplugged also had their podcast on Tuesday and I have fun listening to that... so that was good. 

Absolute favorite of the day... that episode of American Horror Story! It was so well done and it was like everything I think I could have asked for in an episode of American Horror Story... I also had some Pumpkin Liquor to take the edge off a little bit... so that helped! 

Wednesday 10.26.17

I vlogged when I was home alone over the weekend and I decided to edit that today... it should be uploaded tomorrow I think by the time I'm posting this blog... but I really liked editing that and I liked how it turned out... that might have been my favorite thing to film and edit so far... and it wasn't all that interesting but I tried to just show you guys as interesting as I could... and I added a couple pictures and some music... it was a fun thing to do! 

My mom made fried chicken cutlets and put soup over it as like a gravy... which is something she's been doing as far as I can remember and I really like it. It's just tasty and a little bit different. So that was really good. 

Also tried Oreo Thins for the first time today... I'm a fan! My cousin is a chef and she said she used them to make Ice Cream Sandwiches... I want to try this but they are so delicious idk if I'll have any left by then. 

I finished my Hump Day Update late because I was busy editing the vlog... but I liked what I wrote and that kind of gave me a chance to come up with this idea. 

Ohhhh and I mentioned how smart my niece was in that post... she's so smart. I love her. She's just the funniest person ever and Today she was just so fun to watch. 

And now it's like 1am and I'm writing this and about to listen to some of Oprah's Podcast... just because I've been hearing it talked about more recently... and I like Oprah a lot... so I want to listen to it. 

Thursday 10.26.17 

I'm not sure how I felt about the Oprah podcast... I don't want to say maybe I'm not that spiritual... but idk. It's hard for me to relate to Oprah and Alanis Morisette... and I felt like I was just eavesdropping on a conversation with people that I'm not friends with... I love Oprah and Alanis Morisette... and I totally 100% support them and I think I agreed with everything they said on the episode... but I don't know. Alanis mentioned that she achieved bliss for a month when she was in India and she would meditate for four hours... and I'm not sure that type of thing belongs in my lifestyle... I watch guided meditation videos on youtube... I like The Honest Guys... but even like 30 minutes is like "okay... I could do something else right now." Don't get me wrong... I would probably like to do that more than doing something else... but it's just hard for me to relate to. And I never thought I wasn't happy but now I'm like "well Idk if I've ever achieved Bliss for a month" and that kind of made me sad then... lol. So I'm not sure that's the desired effect... maybe I need more of this... but again... it seemed like I was eavesdropping on a convo with people I wasn't friends with. And I'm sad I'm not friend with Oprah and Alanis Morisette the way that I thought I was... lol. 

Anyway... later on at night I had some pretty delicious Roast Beef for dinner and then my parents and I went out to Starbucks to try the Zombie Frappucino... but it was a little too chilly out for my liking to have a Frap... so I had a PSL instead and it was delicious. I did have a sip of my dad's zombie frap and it was really really good. It tasted familiar... but idk what exactly it tasted like. Probably the Caramel Apple Spice. 

Then at home my mom and I watched all the sitcoms on NBC... and the Halloween episode of Superstore was maybe the funniest thing I've ever seen on TV... and it just kept getting funnier and funnier... I just really think that show is stepping up it's game this season. I didn't know if I liked it or not... but now I kind of love it. I like that there's sort of a loose plot on the show because it really does feel like you're just watching what actually happens at a store. It was sooo sooo funny. The Good Place, Will and Grace were both funny too... Great News was also excellent... but by far Superstore was the funniest this season so far. 

Friday 10. 27.17 

I wore my new Maleficent leggings today! 
Here's a picture! I also filmed a few things for my youtube channel... one was a GRWM video and one is something new I'm trying called a Lipstick Vlog... where I basically wear a lipstick all day and show how it wears... I had fun doing that! I think I'm going to do some more of those. 

I ate one of the Protein Boxes from Starbucks... and it was delicious. It was like a peanut sauce chicken wrap... I'll insert a picture. 
Peanut coconut sauce... this was really delicious! It came with cucumber slices too and the Peanut Sauce was really spicy and flavorful... but the wrap on it's own was really good too... I just recommend this highly. Its the best non-breakfast or dessert food I've had from Starbucks. 

I also went shopping! Bath And Body Works, Old Navy and The Disney Store!!! Those were exciting! I got some good stuff! I'll share that in a haul that I'll have soon... but I had fun. 

And we went out to dinner... I had some delicious pasta and chicken and for dessert they had cannoli empenadas... which are amazing! Loved that! 

And that's about it for the week! Hope you guys like knowing my absolute favorite things each day... and stay tuned for more! 

Byee! 
-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f