Skip to main content

Chart Chat- Clowns back on top? And other stuff (October 2nd 2017)

Alright... you can probably tell what the number 1 movie is already... but let's start with 10 anyway because who doesn't love a countdown?

10) Mother!- Probably the end of it's week on the charts... one of the worst reviewed movies of the year which is also said to be one of the most disturbing movies of the year... and while people are comparing it to Rosemary's Baby... I think it's a lot different than that and people aren't liking it very much... so if you want to catch Mother! Catch it soon in theaters... but something's telling me you can skip this one. It reminded me a bit of a couple of skits in the movie The Holidays- which was an anthology of horror movies- they had a Mother's Day story and I forget what exactly happened... but I believe it was similar... and they had a St. Patrick's Day sketch that was a little more humorous... those come to mind- I did a review on that a while ago. Wow... I reviewed this over a year ago! here is the link to my review on Holidays if you want to read it and tell me if it's similar to this movie or not because I haven't seen this one. Lol.

9) Till Death Do Us Part- This movie is on the charts for the first week... I don't think I've ever heard about this one! It's about a couple that seem perfect but the man gets too controlling... this does not sound appealing to me in the slightest. Idk- it's been done before and the synopsis just didn't sell me on this movie... so I don't think I'll ever watch it... if it goes up in the charts or someone comments recommending it- I'll consider this... but yeah. I don't think this will be on the charts for long.

8) Home Again- 4th week and this is still in the top 10... that should give you an idea of how terrible movies are this week... lol. Just kidding- but yeah... again this looked done before- the trailers didn't sell me. The only thing that kind of has me sold is that I like most Reese Witherspoon movies so it might be pretty good.

7) American Assassin- 3rd weeks on the charts... I think this was number 1 one week... I have almost no interest in this movie. I might watch it for one of those "Shannon watches something  she doesn't want to" posts that I always want to do... but it's just not something I'm really looking forward to seeing.

6) Battle of The Sexes- This is one I really want to see. Critics are saying Emma Stone could get a second Oscar for this... which would be amazing. Steve Carell looks good too... and even though I don't really like Tennis... I can enjoy a movie about tennis.

5) Flatliners- This is the worst reviewed movie of fall... oddly enough I think I would see this even though I'm sure it's not a great movie... Ellen Page isn't someone that I think is the best actress... but it sounds interesting to me. A group of medical students decides to "flatline" themselves to see "what lies beyond" and they each have a near death experience. I think I would like this better if this was an episode of Community or something... not really as a whole movie that you actually see in theaters... so yeahhh. Not something I think sounds amazing... but it interests me.

4) The Lego Ninjago Movie- I really like The Lego Movie- I like that they keep coming out with new things to keep it fresh and it's never the same thing over and over again even though it's the same sense of humor.

3) Kingsman: Golden Circle- I liked the first Kingsman movie... this doesn't sound great to me... I've heard bad reviews and I don't know... I just thought the first one ended well... I'm sad that this sequel has gotten disappointing reviews. I wanted to see it... now I kind of don't because the end of the first one was so good!

2) American Made- I think this has actually gotten a lot of praise and I think this could be good. Tom Cruise action movies are pretty good for the most part... I don't actually know if I've seen him in many movies... I've seen War of The Worlds- which is an action-y movie he was really good in... and I've seen Collateral which was really good... so yeah. I'd like to see him as a villain again like in Collateral... but this looks good too.

1) It- For the 3rd week on number 1... 4th week on the charts- people are back to seeing this! Now that it's actually october I think people will want to go see this movie for halloween or just as a scarier option... It's odd that it was number 2 last week- but now it's back on top and I don't think it's going anywhere. They've already confirmed a Chapter 2 coming soon... so yeah.

That is everything! Hope you guys like it!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f