Skip to main content

American Horror Story Cult: Midseason update

So I feel like now is kind of the time to give the mid season update of this season of American Horror Story... so far I like this season a lot. I can't really tell till the end which is my favorite... I'm rewatching all seasons and I think I'll do an AHS awards at the end... but this season is one of the scariest to me... I'll get into everything about this...so yeah.

Let's get to some theories

Why We Can't Trust What We're Seeing... 

We're kind of being gaslighted as an audience because we have 2 unreliable narrators. Ally is unreliable because she's mentally unstable and has hallucinations often... and Kai is unreliable because he's lying to us. He lies to the people in the Cult... and in episode 4 I believed those lies because Kai is a cult leader and they get you to believe what they're selling.

Because of The Election... 

Everyone is kind of using the election as an excuse... and I don't think it's really changed anything. Ally and Ivy's marriage probably wasn't in trouble just because of the election... Ally's hallucinations probably aren't worse because of the election. Harrison mentions people dropping out of the gym because of "Post election economic anxiety" I don't buy that... they probably didn't want to go to the gym anymore and Harrison probably isn't the trainer they really wanted. I think this is kind of interesting.

The Cussing 

I think maybe it's a statement about the election itself. Last episode relied heavily on the phrase "Grab her in the P*****" which was said in a tape of Billy Bush and the guy that won that election. I think maybe the excessive amount of vulgar language is a comment on that. It's definitely for a reason- that seems to make the most sense to me.

Also it shows some hypocrisy in the characters. Oz asks if he can watch Guardians of The Galaxy at Jeremy's house and he says "There's cussing"... when Ivy and Ally both curse all the time- and Guardians of The Galaxy really doesn't have a lot of cussing or violence.

Winter, Kai and Vincent 

So in this episode we learn about the dysfunctional family of Kai, Winter and their older brother Vincent... who is Dr. Vincent- the Therapist Ally sees. We also learn about their backstory... quick recap... wait who am I kidding... if you watched the episode you remember this because it's super disturbing!!! 

I kind of have the feeling that Vincent is the one really in charge here. I don't know that he's necessarily involved in the Cult... but he's calling the shots for sure. Kai seemed semi normal before Vincent made them keep their parents locked up in the house. 

It also seems like maybe Vincent knew it was going to happen... he seemed like maybe he prepared. He could have messed with the dad's medication or drugged his mother or something... I feel like he's the one that gaslights people... I think Kai is in on it because Beverly reports on him speaking out about it- so I think Kai knows about it- but maybe it happened even earlier than Kai imagined. It just seemed odd to me. 

Why Target Ally? 

They aren't? I think Ally is just so selfish she thinks this is all about her. They are to an extent because of the videotapes and stuff... but yeah. I think maybe they don't need to have a reason for targeting Ally... maybe they do... I guess she's pissed off everyone in the Cult... so that makes sense... but yeah.

Pedro? 

Did Kai tell Harrison and Meadow about Pedro? Did they know he died because of the cult? Did they care? Did they kill the Guinea Pig? Why didn't Ivy object a little more? She knew Pedro and his family... Ally killed him in front of their son... Why did Ivy orchestrate that?

It's really odd. Ivy got so sick watching Kai kill The Gimp... but she's okay with her son seeing these people get killed? I don't think she really cares about Oz as much as Ally does. She says he's the only thing she loves... but is he just a thing for her? Does she need him for the Cult? What's up with that?

Upcoming Episode Titles... This might get spoiler-y 

Next week's episode is titled Mid Western Assassin... and it looked like it was about Kai's Special Election... and I'm wondering who the Assassin is? Is it Kai? Is it Mare Winningham? Is it Ivy... I'm thinking Ivy could be because of the butcher sequence in the Theme Song along with the fact that she is a butcher and her restaurant is The Butchery... so yeah.

I'm also wondering if Kai dies? Hear me out... Evan Peters is playing a bunch of different characters this season... and in the next episode he's playing Andy Warhol I believe... so Kai could die... maybe Mare Winningham kills him because it looked like she was going to.

Valerie Solanas Died For Your Sins: Scumbag
I know Evan Peters is Andy Warhol... I'm assuming it's in this episode because Valerie Solanas shot Andy Warhol... so yeah. That goes with my previous theory.

Winter of Our Discontent- 

Again... this kind of supports my "Kai is dead" theory because maybe Winter is taking over? Maybe not... idk I want Kai to be in the Halloween episode. This might give us more backstory on Winter... which I'm excited about because she's my favorite character.

Drink The Kool-Aid 

This is probably the most famous Cult reference... I'm guessing a lot of people in the Cult will die this episode... this is also directed by Angela Basset who directed my favorite episode last season... Plus this is airing on Halloween- which I've never seen before. The last time AHS aired on Halloween was when Asylum was on and my power was out because of Hurricane Sandy when that was on... so yeah. This is a first for me... hopefully my power is working. Lol.

Charles Manson in Charge 

Evan Peters is playing Manson in this episode... I'm really wondering how they're going to show these different cult leaders... they say there's nothing supernatural... so idk what to think really.

Great Again 

Most of the bad guys are revealed and defeated in the penultimate episode... and all loose ends are tied up in the finale... so I'm wondering how they'll end it after everything... idk. Seems like a hard season to conclude so fast- but AHS has done it before... so they'll do it again now. I guess... kind of. Maybe we won't be happy with the end of the show the way people aren't happy with election results... who knows.

Anyway... that's everything I can think of...what do you think happened or is going to happen?

Byeee!
-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f