Skip to main content

Hump Day Update 10/11/17

What I'm Watching 

So after I went out and bought just about every season of American Horror Story because it's no longer going to be available on Netflix... wouldn't you know it's all still on Netflix! So I've started watching Coven and Murder House because I can't get to my Coven DVD currently and I don't have Murder House- my sister does... so yeah. I think Coven might be my favorite to watch around Halloween. I'm excited to watch Roanoke again too... I'm trying to get to the 6th episode of each season before doing that... if that makes sense... lol.

The Mayor's second episode was good... I don't think it was as amazing as the pilot... but it was good. I really like the characters and I think everyone on the show is brilliant... it just seemed a little flat and familiar last week and it can only be a show about a rapper that is a mayor for so long... soon the joke will get a little flat.

Blackish was a really good episode... really well done and thought out as well... that's definitely one to check out... that was my favorite comedy of the week so far... including the tail end of last week... I would say The Good Place and Blackish have been the best so far. I love American Housewife and Modern Family too... but Blackish has been killin it lately.

Will and Grace I'm still a little on the fence about to be honest... I'm a little more on the fence about the last episode because I think Ben Platt's character would have known about Stonewall... I think they mentioned the college he was at and I think it was a good school... at my school we learned about Stonewall in History Class- and that was just History 102... so I think it's unlikely that he'd be less informed on it... I think they were going for the "Making fun of millennials" aspect for the show... which never works because you need to appeal to millennials since we're "killing" every industry.

And American Horror Story was really good last night too... It kind of made a little more sense of everything and showed Kai a little better than I think we've been shown before... but I'm excited for next week. I think Evan Peters is playing Andy Warhol next week! That's exciting.


News 

A video went viral this week of a little girl overjoyed when she finds out her foster parents were able to adopt her. She jumps right up into whoever announced it's arms (I'm uncertain if that was a judge or her teacher... I thought they had said teacher... but I'm not 100% sure... I don't see that on the video or the story which I'll link here. ) The little girl's mom- who was so happy because it let her know her and her husband did the right thing when they decided to adopt. That story just warms my heart.

Also I think October is National Adoption month... if you go to Nia Vardalos's facebook page she usually does a special offer for her book "Instant Mom" where you can get a personalized copy... I'm not sure if she still has that book available now... but it is a really great read whether you are a mom or not... Nia has done a lot of interesting things... she's met the queen and appeared on Oprah with her entire family based off of the success of her first movie! That's pretty awesome! So I highly recommend the book- all proceeds for the book go to adoption charities so it's for a good cause and it's a great story!

The Jeopardy Champ from at least the last 9 days+ I think it's more like 11 days as of now... he's still going strong! They advertised that someone would be a big winner- and this is the guy that's winning! I wonder if he'll beat Ken or not... I'm wondering if they even know yet! I have a feeling he'll be here for a while!


Food 

Wegman's Apple Cider... I was pretty impressed. The "real" apple cider to me is from Delicious Orchards- but this was actually pretty delicious. More of a Cider than just an apple juice- which is what I think most grocery store "ciders" are... but this is good!

In Smithville, New Jersey they have a store called the Smithville Peanut Butter Company... and they have a butterscotch peanut butter- and it is delicious!

Favorites 

I went to the Smithville Octoberfest over the weekend- I haven't been to it in years... I think it was before I was 21 it's been so long! But I had a lot of fun going there this weekend... I got some good things- I got jewelry, a handbag, some Palazzo Pants... I did pretty good!

I'm still super into the Lularoe Disney Villains and Nightmare Before Christmas leggings... I just really like them a lot! I'm having fun buying the stuffs! Lol.

Justin Scarred did a really good video of the Monorail Loop in Disney World... I like the monorail and seeing the monorail loop... so that made me happy.

And speaking of Disney The Chew is in Disney for the Epcot Food and Wine Festival... which is awesome. Epcot is my favorite- so that's my favorite thing.

I saw La La Land this week and I loveee that too! What a great movie- and a great soundtrack! Easily one of my favorite movies ever... it made me cry a little. It's pretty amazing!


Other Stuff

I don't think I have any other stuff this week... just laugh, live, love... and that's about it!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f