Skip to main content

Victoria Secret Fashion Show Review!

I was so excited for this! I watched it last year and I thought "wow this is so awesome" so I thought awesome would happen again, especially since my favorite favorite band Fall Out Boy was there!

But the other thing that happened was I had to write a paper, and even though I had been working on it quite a bit, I had not gotten very far. So my mind was slightly mushy, it is slightly mushier now side note. Sooo my ideas were a little different than last year.

First part, Fall Out Boy is on stage and it is awesome. Patrick's pants were amazing. Joe Trohman's pants were amazing. Pete Wentz was still bouncing around the stage, although not quite as much. It was pretty cool. And then Taylor Swift came out and she looked super cute with her British flag outfit on and she sang the song with them. I don't know how I feel about that. I'm not a huge Taylor Swift fan... so seeing her perform with Fall Out Boy is kind of blasphemy to me. Although, I don't actually like Fall Out Boy as much as I did back in the day, and Pete Wentz was married to Ashlee Simpson who is a much worse singer than T-Swift... I'll let it pass because she was just so dang cute.

Then they told some sort of story about one of the angels that tripped and broke her foot and couldn't be in the show last year. It was incredibly tragic and the whole world sobbed with the tears of 1,000 rivers. This year, she had 2 good feet, so she got back up in those heels, and she strutted her way down that runway dressed like a bird. They did the whole bird thing because she was a bird that put on her wings and flew out of the show even though she injured her foot like 1 year ago. And Fall Out Boy sang Phoenix, which is a better song than the first one that they sang and it made sense with the bird theme.

Although I like the song, I didn't think Fall Out Boy should be running the show. This is a girl's fashion show with girl models. Taylor Swift should have had another song or two. Her performance was pretty dang good and she looked amazing and I like when a female singer gets a chance to shine at the VS fashion show. Last year Rihanna did an amazing job and it just made me feel so empowered and awesome, and I'm not even a fan of Rihanna. If they had given Taylor a second song, I feel like I would have felt more empowered and I would like Taylor Swift just a little more. I did like at the end when all the angels were taking a picture together and Taylor was just kind of watching and they told Taylor to get in the picture and she was all surprised because she isn't a model. I felt like that moment was very genuine, I think even if I were as famous and beautiful as Taylor Swift, I would feel intimidated by the Victoria Secret Angels and to be included with them would be kind of awesome. The angels were all happy because she's Taylor Swift and Taylor was happy and it made me happy. It was a lot of happy.

And the Bird thing was the only part of the show that really had any spectacle to it, last year there were wayyy cooler designs that were way more over the top and spectacular looking. The Pink part of the show was pretty cool too, but it lacked the "Wow" factor of last year's design.

Okay, I'm still in writing writing writing mode, so that was far too long. So here I'm going to compare my reactions last year to this year. Note the bitterness of this year due to the fact that I was writing a paper.

Last Year Wow, these girls are all so beautiful and perfect looking!
This Year Someone order these girls a pizza, and get them some milkshakes and donuts. STAT!

LAST YEAR- Wow, these girls are just like everyone else. They're like beautiful versions of you and me.
THIS YEAR- Wow, these girls are so fake. They don't even have the capacity to comprehend what my life is.

LAST YEAR- Awww, the one angel felt so bad for replacing the other angel after she injured her foot.
THIS YEAR- That girl totally tripped that one model!

LAST YEAR- These girls are all so smart and beautiful and perfect.
THIS YEAR- Alright, these girls may all be insanely hot, but do they know half as much about Shakespeare as I do? No, and that is what's really sexy.

Ohhh and they kept showing the girls making their "regular, silly fun face" and then their sexy face. Here are some of my sexy faces.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f