Skip to main content

Sweater Weather Tag!

I saw this going around youtube and I thought, meh why not. Side note: I just listened to the song sweater weather by the neighborhood... idk if that was why the tag is called the sweater weather tag or why theres all this sweater weather stuff going around... but it's a much darker song than I thought. Idk I keep seeing cutesy things like this tag called sweater weather and I was expecting a cutesy song but its this kind of dark song with a really odd darker music video. Not what I expected at all. Lol. It's also a Fall Tag and I'm doing it in December, so its a bit late, but its still technically Fall so yeah.

Now that that rant is out of the way lets get to the questions!

1) Favorite Candle Scent?
-I'm not really a candle person because I'm irresponsible and will set the house on fire... but I have been using Bath and Body Works Wallflowers. My favorite is the Pumpkin Pecan Waffles.

Ohhh there are a couple candles my parents get that i like... that have a funny story behind them. It's from Our Own Candle Company... which I'm not sure if thats like a Jersey thing or just a craft fair thing, but they have one candle called Smell My Nuts that my mom got my dad cause the name was so funny... and it's actually one of the best smelling candles we've gotten. They also have a pineapple upside down cake that is a little harder to find, but that one is my favorite!

2) Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate- I really like all three of these. If I had to pick one probably coffee. When I'm at home I like to have tea because my mom makes that for me and I like the way that her tea tastes better than any tea shop or anything. And I love the Swiss Miss hot chocolate, especially with the rainbow colored marshmallows. I've been drinking that a lot lately.

But Coffee is my most favorite because of the Starbucks holiday flavors! I like all of them really. I want to wait till December to start getting the Egg Nog one... I think thats my favorite. Maybe the Gingerbread... idk.

3) What's the best Fall memory you have?
I have a ton of good ones because my birthday is in fall and my sisters birthday is in fall so we do special things for that. My sister used to live in Boston and we did a lot of stuff there. I've had a lot of fun halloween and done halloween type thing. I really can't narrow it down to just one for the fall. Lol.

4) Which make up trend do you prefer, dark lips or winged eyeliner?
I don't wear a lot of eyeliner... I wear slightly darker lips sometimes in the fall. I like when people do them together. I think wearing no eyeshadow but a winged liner and a bold lip would look cool. Or just really neutral eyeshadow or something. Idk. lol.

5) Best Fragrance for Fall- GahhhhH! I have sooo soo many. This week I have been loving Forever Red from Bath and Body Works. I think they have a lot of great fall scents, so I'm just going to list them now and idk if they're all still available, but we will see.
Twilight Woods, Cashmere Glow, (I don't actually have this one but the shower gel is fantastic) Warm Vanilla Sugar, Sparkling Blackberry (idk if this exists anymore but it is good), and Secret Wonderland.

And from Victoria Secret Warm and Cozy, which is just a great scent all day every day- but it is nice to be warm and cozy for fall. And Vanilla Lace... which again I don't have, need to buy soon though because the shower gel smelled amazing.

6) Favorite Thanksgiving Food?
I love stuffing... and its kind of funny because I don't like real homemade stuffing I really only like Stoffurs, and my mom always makes that even though I was the only person that liked it last year. I mean I guess it's not like my mom is slaving away making Stoffurs stuffing just for me, it's Stoffurs it isn't that hard to make, but because I think it is such a fancy stuffing that I like so much, I always think that she works really hard on making it and I love it.

Although I have to say, my mom makes some really good sweet potatoes as well. She makes a sweet potato casserole and instead of the marshmallows on top she uses walnuts and it is delicious and amazing and everyones favorite thing. I should probably show my parents this post since its all stories about them lol.

7) What is the Autumn weather like where you live?
Well right now its f-ing cold! It kind of depends. It usually starts out really lovely and sunny in early October and you can go out without a jacket if you're really daring or something. It's just a tad bit chilly which I like because its nice to walk in and I walk a lot of places because I live in a city and I don't drive...

And then the leaves fall and it is the most beautiful thing, especially in a city like Newark. Like on campus its just a city and it looks super crappy but then the leaves change color and fall on the ground and it looks beautiful. I know leaves aren't weather, but when it is like a rainy day in November the orange leaves on the ground just look so beautiful in the gray city. That was as poetic as I will ever describe Newark and it probably sucked cause I'm really tired. lol.

And then it gets f-ing cold and rains way too much, like today!

8) Most Worn Sweater ?
I have a lot of sweaters... Idk what my most worn is... but I'll go with the one I've had the longest cause I've had that for forever. It's this white sweater that's long and flowy and I wear it with leggings and its from the express like a million years ago and its kind of... alright its very low cut and my boobs look awesome in it but it's not to slutty. I'll have to take a pic in it and insert it here because I don't think my description helps in the slightest. lol.

9) Must have nail polish for the fall?
China Glaze Bat my Lashes and Disturbia from Wet n Wild. I'm obsessed and I love them and they are perfect for fall and I love them. I tried to paint my nails with disturbia and I added a glittery top coat that didn't dry and it kind of failed, and I have no nail polish remover because I am poor, so I'm just going to have to live with that till I get home.

10) Football games or jumping in leaf piles?
These things aren't even really comparable. I've never jumped in a pile of leaves... well no I probably did when I was a kid... so I'll go with that cause I don't watch football and I don't understand it. I just root for the jets or the packers otherwise the people in my life that do watch football will be upset and its kind of sad when that happens. lol.

11) Skinny Jeans or Leggings ?
I love leggings, but jeans go better with the things I own so Jeggings! I loveeee American Eagle's jeggings. I need more, they look nice for bigger butts.

12) Combat Boots or Uggs?
I have a mild obsession with Uggs. I love my sparkly ones and I am hoping Santa gets me a pair of their knit knee high boots cause they are adorable!

I don't own combat boots, but they look awesome and badass, but in reality I like cozyness.

13) Is pumpkin spice worth the hype?
Hellz yeah!

14) Favorite Fall TV show?
Umm I watch tv all year lol. But the one show that is specific to fall that I love dearly is American Horror Story. Coven has been sooooo good this year! I love it!

Other than that... I need to do a whole favorite comedies post. One for shows currently on and one for other shows. The best show in the entire world is Arrested Development and nothing will ever change that... until I have a show of my own because I am obviously insanely talented. Lol jk I'd just be happy to write something to AD's standards.

15) What song really gets you in the fall spirit?
... songs happen in all seasons lol. I don't think I have a fall specific song. I think in high school it was always Carpul Tunnel of Love by Fall Out Boy. I'm slightly less emo now and this is a kind of depressing song so it doesn't really go with "getting in the spirit" but I think of it as a fall song...

OHHH WAIT DOES THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS SOUNDTRACK COUNT?!?!?!? Yes it does Shannon and that is the answer to this question. I guess Sally's song if I had to pick just one. Not the Amy Lee version, the original or Fiona Apple version. In my high school the Amy Lee version was a big deal but I never liked it. And it was weird cause they had one Nightmare Before Christmas amped up version when I was a freshman and they had Fall Out Boy and Panic at The Disco and it was amazing. Then the next year they did the same thing again... they just stuck that one song by Amy Lee at the end and it pissed me the hell off.

Anyway that was a long story but it is also the end of the sweater weather tag! Sooo yeah... not much more to say there. Do it if you would like and if you would not like just read my tag again and comment telling me how much you love me and all of my skills. If you hate me comment too, I don't care! I'm bad at ending blogs... so I'm just going to stop..............right.............................................................................................................................................................................. NOW!

Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f