Skip to main content

Feeling Lovely Thursday: My Angelic Look

Hello lovelies! I hope you are all feeling lovely this Thursday! I'm feeling a bit under the weather and tired, but I'm feelin a little better, So here is a look I did on Monday. Note: This is not a professional blog. The pictures are crappy, taken from my iphone in my dorm, but you know. I do what I can lol.


Sooo lately I've been kind of obsessed with the "angel like" eye look. I guess because its the holidays and I have this long white flowy top that looks angely to me. Plus I like Snow Angels and the Victoria Secret Fashion Show will be on soon, so its just all very fitting. Anyhoo I'm going to talk about how to get a nice angelic eye look.

This look is actually a little different than what I wanted to do. I was hoping to do a drugstore type one, but I actually left the palette I was going to use for that at home over break... so I used my Stila In The Light Palette, which I love and unfortunately just broke the mirror of. This isn't a totally unaffordable palette though, its $39 which I think is a reasonable amount for all of the eyeshadows, the nice packaging (even though I just ruined mine... they aren't very breakable) and it comes with a full sized eyeliner as well, so its pretty cool.

Anyway I guess before I get to the eyes I'll talk about my face. I just use my Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-One foundation which I've recently started to love. I didn't really like it at first because its  a little too matte and I don't think I got the right color... but it grew on me. Its not really an off color, it gives my skin a nice glow. Plus it stays on all the live long day, so that is a nice bonus. And its a foundation, concealer and primer, so its a one stop shop, although I did still use my Maybeline dream lumi touch concealer cause I still had some bags. It was just after Black Friday weekend and I was sick and had bags under my eyes, which angels don't have... so theres that.

Next I used a Maybeline Color tattoo just to prime my eyes and give them a nice base color. I used the shade Barely Branded which is totally my favorite and I am almost out of it. It's such a nice light shiny shade that works great with other shadows, and particularly goes great with this palette.

The next color I used was Bubbly which is a really pretty champagne color. I just put that all over my lid with my real techniques crease brush. The crease brush is a bit too big and fluffy for me to really use on my crease, I'm not the best with that anyway, so I try to make it really simple for myself. In the actual crease I used the Real Techniques brow brush and I applied the color sunset which is a nice shimmery brown. Then to highlight I used the same brow brush and put a little bit of Kitten, which is a really really pretty nude shimmer I guess, idk how to describe it. It's like a light version of bubbly so I guess its a light champagne color, its the best and its a pretty famous color as far as eyeshadows go. So its good.

For Mascara I used the L'Oreal voluminous butterfly mascara, which I really love and it really wings out your lashes to make them look angelic and fabulous. This is tied with Physicians Formula for my favorite mascara, which is an accomplishment I think. Although I've only just tried both of them lol.

I know there is a thing where people fill in their eyebrows and they make them look nice and full and beautiful. I already have pretty full lashes and would have no idea how to put eyeshadow on them and make it look real, but I do brush them sometimes with the Real Techniques Brow Brush and that just makes them look nice. Eyebrows are something only girls will notice and compliment you on, but still it can make a look and sometimes I just like going the extra step and taming them lol. But I do also use this brush for eyeshadow, so I need to make sure there is no shimmer on the brush. lmao.

For my lips I used one of my favorite products out there, Nyx mood lip gloss. This is a really cool gloss that changes from a clear color to a nice pinky color once you put it on. It also kind of stains the lips after it wears off, but not in an "I can't get this off way" more in like a lipstain type way, which is cool. It's just really nice.

For my hair I put my hair in braided pigtails the night before, just to give it some extra curl and I did a half up/half down look, which I'm obsessed with recently and finally figured out how to do the braided half up half downs, so I'll do that soon! If I had a bow I would have used a bow, but I didn't have any. It still looks cute though, I couldn't get a pic of the back of my hair, but its pretty simple so you know how it looks lol.


For my outfit I wore this long flowy white sweater from The Express that I mentioned in my "Sweater Weather" tag as my most worn sweater. I got this quite a few years ago, so you can't find the exact same thing right now, but I'm sure you can find a similar long flowy sweater out there. And I wore that with these ribbed leggings that I got from Kohls that have a nice zipper detail at the ankle, that you can't really see when I'm wearing it because I usually wear my favorite sparkly black ugg boots with it too!

And to top it off with a nice scent and keeping with the angel theme I used Victoria Secret's Dream Angels Heavenly body mist. Its a really nice light smell, and it is a little powdery which I don't always like, but I do really like this. It's quite lovely.

And that is Pretty much it! Let me know if you like these Makeup looks/ outfit ideas that I do by shouting to the gods at Mount Olympus. Or by commenting.

P.S- Wow these pictures are crappy. I really need to try to make everything look better next time, but since I wanted to do a full make up look along with the outfit and hair, I thought the pics would be slightly helpful. This is still a new thing to me, so I'm working out the kinks.

Byeeeee!
-ShAnNoN (isn't that annoying? lol)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f