Skip to main content

Things That EVERYONE in the World Likes- Except for me.

This blog is probably going to make people angry, but I don't care. There are just so many bands, movies and tv shows and other things that everyone in the world seems to absolutely love... and I'm just sort of like meh... it's alright, nothing too special. I know some of these are big deal things and if I don't like them it probably seems like I don't have a soul or something... but you know. I'll explain. And there are some things I do like, but they've been taken out of context, that just didn't sound like as good of a title. Anyway you'll see what I mean.

1) Wawa- Okay actually this is a bad place to start because I went to a Wawa over the summer and now I can totally see why its a big deal.  I used to just think "it's just a convenience store/rest stop type place, I don't really see a big deal." It is like a 5-star convenience store though. They have everything. I think Wawa is pretty much only a Jersey/Pennsylvania thing, but it's a cool place.

2) Titanic- Can someone tell me why the hell this is a big deal? Theres a boat, it sinks and they throw a random love story in there. I refuse to watch the full thing, but I know how it ends. They all die. Kate Winslet could have saved Leonardo Dicaprio, but no, she lets him drown. "I'll never let go" LIES! Such bullshit. Ohhh my gosh.

3) Avatar- Another movie I refuse to watch, but basically I've been told its Pocahontas but with blue people. On Oprah James Cameron said he wrote the movie before the story of Pocahontas... really? REALLY? You weren't alive then. Get the hell out.

4) Mean Girls- Okay this isn't something I don't love. I LOVE Mean Girls, it's one of my favorite movies, but I don't think girls should be doing things from the movie in real life. Some girls take it a bit too seriously. After I graduated some girls at my high school got in trouble for making a "burn book." I've heard people say things like "ohhh you dated her ex boyfriend that's against girl code," and I've heard this from girls in college and its like "really? Girl code? Not woman code? So lame. Fantastic movie, Tina Fey wrote it so obviously its amazing. But I'm also quite positive she never would have wanted girls to take it so seriously. That's why this is on the list lol.

5) Green Day- They aren't a horrible band, I just don't get the big deal. I don't understand why they play the song Good Riddance at graduations cause its an angry break up song... it makes zero sense. I've heard they're amazing live, which I'm sure they are... but they just aren't my thing.

6) The Notebook/Nicholas Sparks- These are the worst. And they are all pretty much exactly the same. The Notebook and The Vow are only different because in one the couple is still young when she can't remember anything, but he basically has one formula. Alright, I've never actually read one of the books, so I'm just basing it off of the movies. They aren't terrible, but meh. They aren't terribly romantic either. And as a person, Nicholas Sparks kind of creeps me out. He's still good friends with one of his ex girlfriends parents. That's just weird. I feel like he's a Gilderoy Lockheart type of author, you know. He's all talk in his books but in real life, I doubt he'd be that great.

7) Twilight- I read part of the first book like a year before the movie came out, and I just couldn't get into it. There was like a whole chapter of Edward and Bella holding hands. I just could not. It was so bad and Bella was just this really weak character that I couldn't relate to and I didn't think she was a good role model for girls or anything of the like. I was excited for the movie to come out because I thought it would get more exciting and I could read the book, but no. It focused too much on the love and not enough on the vampire. It was bad. Just bad. I realize now that there is probably more hate for the books/movies than love for it, but at the time I felt like it was just me and some of my friends that hated it. And all the really hardcore girls at my high school were like "OMG EDWARD IS THE PERFECT BOYFRIEND" and "OMG FORKS IS A REAL PLACE I HAVE TO GO THERE" and I was like "you know who the real perfect boyfriend is? Gob Bluth" and they were like "who?" and now everyone loves arrested development and hates twilight. Different times, my high school was.

8) Mad Men- I was really disappointed that I didn't like this show. And its not that it was a bad show. The acting was great, the characters were interesting and everything. It just bothered me because its so offensive to women. I know its not like really "offensive", thats just how things were back then... I just would prefer not to watch it. Also I love Jon Hamm, I think he's such a great actor in comedy and drama and he's so incredibly good looking that it's impossible not to like him. He's someone I have a lot of respect for. I just can't watch the show.

Although on a good note, I had lowered my expectations for Breaking Bad because of this show and Breaking Bad is amazing. So there's that.

9) Betty White- Just kidding. Betty White is amazing. If anyone put her on this type of a list, they'd be monsters. It just makes the next thing I put seem less terrible.

10) The Beatles- Yes, I'm not a huge fan of the Beatles. It isn't like they're bad... it's just that I don't see why they are the greatest band of all time or how they invented rock and roll. They're songs just sound like pop songs to me, so when I think of who invented rock and roll, I would say The Rolling Stones. And it isn't like their music is bad, I'm not saying "ohhh I hate the Beatles, they suck" I just don't think they're songs are the absolute best songs in the entire world. I can see the appeal, they do have very happy feel good songs, but I'm not really a happy-feel good person... so I guess thats why I'm not a fan. I do like Blackbirds and i kind of like I wanna hold your hand... but I'm not totally blown away by any of their songs. Its just not really my thing. I'm always super hesitant to tell people I don't like the Beatles because I feel like people will think I don't have a soul, but I figured I'd be honest and let you guys know.

Also my parents never really liked the Beatles, so it's not like I was raised with my mom and dad always listening to them saying they were classic. My mom and dad are more Rolling Stones and Motown fans, so I tend to like that better.

Another side note- Ringo is my favorite. He has a Christmas song that is literally the worst Christmas song in the entire world, which makes it totally amazing and brilliant somehow. Plus Ringo is a cool name.

So that is it. Hopefully I haven't made anyone super mad about any of these things. Nothing on this list is that terrible... except Twilight... and Titanic and Avatar and I really don't like Nicholas Sparks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f