Skip to main content

Favorite Christmas Movies

There is nothing better than having a nice cup of Egg Nog or some hot chocolate or something and watching a great Christmas movie. Here are my top picks.

1) Elf- of corse Elf tops the list. This is one of my favorite movies any time of year, but of corse around the holidays it is the best! I love Will Ferrel. I don't think there is a movie with Will Ferrel that I don't like (there are a couple I don't love, but nothing I don't like). This just makes me feel so cheerful and Christmasy. I love it.

2) A Muppet's Christmas Carol- The best Christmas Carol that there is! I feel like you could remake a lot of movies with muppets and they would end up being so much better. Can you imagine movie like Iron Man or The Artist but with muppets? That would be pretty great. I've never seen those movies, but I'd see them with muppets!

3) Christmas Vacation- This is another movie I could see any time of year and it would still be so funny! I remember the first time watching this, I was so excited because I had never seen it before, but it was a tradition and it's on every year, so I knew I had to watch it. Friggin President Bush had to interrupt it with some sort of "important" speech. After watching it a few more times, I've come to the conclusion that there is no speech more important than Christmas Vacation.

4) It's a Wonderful Life- If anyone doesn't love this movie, they probably don't have a soul. There is a muppet version of this also, but believe it or not this is the one case the original is better than the muppet version. It's a little dark to imagine a world where Kermit had never been born. I would never want to live in a world without muppets, and frankly I don't understand how people survived without them. Or anything in the 70s really, damn this got deep, I think I have another blog on the way!

5) The Grinch- I really like the Jim Carey version of The Grinch. I remember seeing it when I was in 3rd grade. I think it was for some kids birthday party and I remember having really good pizza. It was a good experience, and I've still always liked watching it since then. Especially on Christmas. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.

6) A Christmas Story- I can really only stand to watch this once a year on the Christmas marathon. It's a really funny movie, but they play it for 24 hours every year, so there's not a huge point of buying the DVD, I remember watching this in 3rd grade too, and I thought it was so scandalous because he says bad words in it.

There are also so many funny moments in this movie it's hard to pick a favorite. It's like they stacked laughs on top of laughs. Christmas Vacation and Elf do that too. It's something that I like.

7) Mr.Magoo's Christmas Carol- this is my moms favorite Christmas movie and I always love watching it with my mom around Christmas time. It's really funny too, especially at the end where Mr. Magoo tears the whole stage down. It has a sad moment when Scrooge is lonely in school that makes me cry sometimes.

8) Merry Christmas Charlie Brown- I feel like I like this more as an adult. Not that I didn't like it as a kid, but I like it when things reflect on the true meaning of Christmas. I think this is the one Christmas movie that really shows what that's all about.

9) The Nightmare Before Christmas- I always loved this as a kid, and as an adult I still get super excited when I watch it. It's a beautiful claymation movie and I always want to go into the other doors. Plus I like watching this around Halloween and Christmas.

10) Mickey's Christmas Carol/ The Santa Clause 2- I decided to keep these two tied because I really like both of them, but I honestly cannot remember Mickeys Christmas all that well. I haven't seen it in a long time, and I love Scrooge McDuck, but this is hardly ever on tv anymore! The same goes for The Santa Clause 2. They show 1&3 all the time, but I don't really like either one of those. One is way too serious and it scares me and 3 nothing really happens. It's way too short and boring. 2 I like because it's nice and light, but still very heartfelt. It's the perfect balance between the two. I also haven't seen that one in a while.


P.S. THIS IS MY 50TH POST! SO MUCH GOOD! SO MUCH AWESOME! Read all 50 posts and you will not win anything other than my undying love and gratitude.

THANKIES! BYEEEEEE!
-Shannon "finalsbrained" Kahermanes (I almost spelled my last name wrong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f