Skip to main content

Feeling Lovely Tuesday- What I use for my hair.

Wahhhht? It's Feeling Lovely Tuesday and not Thursday??? Why is that? Well whoever reads this, it's because I have a Thursday class schedule today, and I thought I'd just do a feeling lovely tuesday since Thursday is Thankgiving.

So this is sort of a "hair care routine" type thing. I wanted to do something different and actually include photos of the things I do or buy or whatever now, so I figured this is a useful way to start. It's probably just going to be phone pics cause I don't have my camera at school with me. I hope its somewhere in my room at home... I should look for that tomorrow. Anyhoo here are the things I use the most currently.

So for shampoo I use a lot of different things but Lately my favorite has been the L'oreal Power Moisture Hydrating Shampoo and the conditioner as well. These are really great for me as I have dry hair. I haven't actually been using it that long, but it's enough to sort of start to feel a difference. I really like the newer line of haircare products from L'oreal, which you will see in here.

I know you guys probably know how to use shampoo and conditioner, so I probably don't have to go into this, but everyone's got a different system, and this is mine. I put the shampoo in my hair first, rinse it out then I use the conditioner but I leave it in for a little bit before washing it out. This is to help keep the moisture in- kind of like a leave in conditioner.

Speaking of Leave in conditioners, about once a week I use the L'oreal Total Repair 5 conditioning balm. This is a really great deep conditioner, I've mentioned this in my beauty products under $10 post. I just put this in my hair, get out and shave my legs and then rinse it out. Every once and a while if I want my hair to be super soft I leave it in overnight and rinse it out in the morning. I've heard that makes your hair softer and nicer, and I actually think it works, so I do that from time to time.

Another tip for a deep conditioner that I've heard is that it doesn't matter how often you do it on your hair, you just need a consistent schedule. I think once a week is good for my dry, damaged and knotty hair. I also just like this one "luxury" thing every week. It just makes me feel like I've been to a spa or something and I really like that.

While my hair is still wet I comb it out with a wide-toothed comb. Mine is from Ouidad and it is massive and it r
eally works! I split my hair into two sections and comb, and then sometimes I'll split it up even more sections than that. You probably know how to comb your hair, so I won't bore you too much.


Then I use 3 Ouidad products that I really can't live without. If you have curly hair and you just want it too look super nice and you don't want to blowdry it or anything, I recommend Ouidad. They have products for pretty much any typ of curls you want, so you can pick or choose what you think would look good on you. My hair dresser only recommended 3 products to me, so I only use the three. My sister uses some more to get volume and everything in her hair. I have thicker hair so I don't really need a ton of stuff, but these 3 things are amazing.


First I use the Moisture Lock Leave-In Conditioner. I use this after I already condition my hair, and I think its safe to do that. This doesn't make it really greasy or anything, it just makes it nice and curly and soft.

For all the Ouidad products they recommend a "rake and shake" technique. It sounds really complicated, but it's not. If I can do it, anyone can do it. lol. Basically once you have the product in your hair you run your fingers through it and just shake it. I think this is supposed to make your curls fall naturally, and it works nicely for that.

Next I use the Ouidad Climate control gel and do the same exact rake and shake technique. This controls frizz and keeps your curls in place in any humidity. This is great because, you really never know what the weather is going to be like and you don't want your hair to tell you what it's doing outside.

The last Ouidad product I use is probably my favorite and that is the Curl defining styling souffle. This stuff smells amazing and it works so well for my hair. This again makes my curls a little softer and nicer. I really get bothered by my dry hair and without this, I feel like I wouldn't like my hair as much. I apply this the same way that I apply the other two Ouidad products, same rake and shake technique and everything. It's a little different though because they aren't in the squeeze tubes like the shampoo and conditioner, so I run out a little sooner. As you can see there isn't a ton left in here, but it's probably another months worth for me... maybe.

Ohh forgot to mention I split my hair into two sections when I do this, it works a little better that way and its a little easier to handle.

Ouidad products are a little pricey, but there is always a coupon or some deal going on on their website, and they do last me forever pretty much. One small bottle lasts me about a year, and I only use three of them, and as you can tell these are my only real luxury hair care products that I use.

I usually do my hair every other day instead of every day, so on days where I'm not washing my hair I use Batiste Dry Shampoo. This stuff is amazing. Lately I've been using the hint of color dark and deep brown... which I don't totally love. I mean I love the smell it still works really well, but I think it's a little more drying than the ones without the color. I don't know. I haven't been using this one quite as much as the Cherry one that I liked so much, so next time I'll probably just get the cherry one again.

I've also been loving the L'oreal total repair 5 multi- restorative dry oil. This is great, it makes the ends of your hair look nice and it makes it look shinier, but not greasy. I feel like this works well with the dry shampoo because it conditions it a little and makes it feel a little more soft and alive.

And every once and a while I'll also use the pantene smoothing creme for normal to thick hair. This is supposed to be a straightening cream, but I don't use it for that really. I like it because I feel like it gives moisture to my hair and if my hair looks a little messy I'll use it to straighten it up a bit. I only comb my hair when it is wet, so if it's dry and its messy, I use this and it gets the job done. The pic I took is really bad because I have unprofessional dorm room lighting, but I will post it anyway lol. It's in a blue container with a pump on top. Pantene has nice packaging, easy to use.


And I usually do my hair at night, so right before I go to sleep I like to put my hair back. I've been using Goody Hair elastics because they don't leave a dent in my hair, but they do lose shape easily, might just be because I have thicker hair though. Regular hairbands work well too, it's not going to make or break your hair if you have a dent in it or not. I just kind of like these.

So those are all the hair care products I am using right now. I highly recommend them to anyone, especially if you have thick, dry and curly hair. I used to blow dry and straighten my hair every day, and it took forever and it still ended up frizzy the next morning. These products have made me more confident about the way that my hair looks, so I really love them. My hair was always one of my biggest insecurities and now it's one of my favorite things about myself, and these things have helped a lot.

Next week will be a regular Feeling Lovely Thursday, I just wanted to make a special Thanksgiving post this Thursday. I actually just pre-wrote the Thanksgiving post and it is probably my favorite blog or anything that I've ever written. I have something fun and kind of funny planned for Friday too, so keep reading these things... if anyone actually reads these things. Lol.

Let me know what you use on your hair by whipping your hair back and forth. Or you know, commenting or something!

Byeeeeeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f