Skip to main content

Feeling Lovely Thursday- Top products under $5.

This one is fun! Top Beauty products under $5! I would do 5 under 5 but I have soooo many more than that! Lets do this!

Lips 
EOS Lip Balm ($3.49) - Okay maybe lip balm isn't the best way to start cause all lip balms should be under $5 but there are so many that aren't I think its useful to know. I love the EOS lip balms cause they smell/taste really good, they're really moisturizing and the round shape that they come in makes it so easy to find in a purse! Love it! 

Nivea Lip Butter (2.99) - Again these come in a lot of different flavors and they are super moisturizing. I love using these right before I go to sleep. The only ones I've tried are the macadamia one and the caramel kiss one. Both amazing, I think I like the Caramel Kiss slightly better though. 

Nyx Butter Gloss (4.99) - These are the most amazing drugstore gloss ever. I think these are new, and they have a lot of colors but some of the colors are a little similar to others. I kind of hope they come up with more just to have some differentiation between some. The formulation of this gloss is amazing, it really does feel moisturizing (thats a big thing for me, you can probably tell). I have Strawberry Parfait and Maple Blondie, and Maple Blondie is probably my favorite. It's such a great pink color that I can see working with any skin type and I just love how it makes my lips look. These are a MUST BUY if you're looking to try a new lipgloss. 

Maybeline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue (4.49) - I was just expecting these to be a lip balm with a little bit of color, but I was so impressed with the color payoff of these things. They remind me a lot of the Fresh Sugar lip sticks, only I actually like these a lot better. I have Berry Soft and Soothing Sorbet. Berry Soft is more of a natural, pinky berry color and Soothing Sorbet is a very bright sorbet color. Really pretty. Definitely recommend. Ohhh also I haven't tried any of the other baby lips, I know that they are all supposed to have a nice scent to them, These have a mentholated- cough drop like scent, which is not for everyone but I like it. 

Nyx Mood Lip Gloss (Not quite sure of the price... I think it's less than 2.50)- This is the most interesting gloss for under $3. It claims to go on sheer and then it gives a more dark pinky tint... I think it goes on a little bit pinky but then it changes to a deeper shade and it's just really pretty. They have a few of these in different colors that do different things. I think these are right at the checkout at Ulta usually, definitely worth trying. 

Rimmel Show Off Laquers (3.99-4.99. I think they're usually 4.99, but they go on sale quite a bit) - These are a lot of color. It scares me a little, so I haven't worn it a whole lot, but when I do its like BAM! THESE ARE MY LIPS! I think these are called the Apocolips in England and I guess in America we're all too "THE END IS NIGH" to have them called that, so they changed it to Show Off... I like the apocalypse pun, but can see why they changed it to show off. I think these are only at Wallgreens, so if you're looking for some color and you're at Wallgreens, try it! I have the color Aurora I think... its a pretty pink that's really dark. I kind of want the red one, but I'm scared. 

That was a lot of lip... I wasn't expecting that much. 

Eyes 

Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencils (4.49)- These are an interesting thing. They can work as a liner and as a primer. I have the Iced Mocha one, its a little light to really show up as a liner for me, but I love it as an eyeshadow base. It looks pretty just on its own all over the lid also. It's really creamy though, and the lids break and if you push them down too far, the pencil part will get squished... but it can be reshaped and reformed pretty easily. I kind of want to try more of these cause these are pretty cool. 

Nyx loose Shadow (1.49- 2.99 at Ulta at least)- These are really awesome loose pigment type thingys and I only have one shimmery pink shade, but they all look super awesome and like they have a really great color payoff. They have so many shades of these too that I really want to try more. The only bad thing about this is the packaging. It's in such a tiny little bottle. I just poured it out into a contact lens case so that its a little easier to use. It's definitely worth looking into, I think they have some particularly great shimmer shades for highlighting and some cool shades that you could use as a liner. It's a cool thing that I think people should try. Especially for such a great price. 

Wet n Wild Color Icon Trios- I only have one of these, but they are so affordable its something I really want to buy more of. They have a really nice feel too them and they have great pigmentation. It's something that honestly feels very high quality, but its such a great price! They also have some bigger palettes with like 8 shadows that I think are around 4.99 or something... so still a lot of shadows for a small price. Ohhh these trios themselves are about 2.99 or 3.99 or something and they are always buy one get one 50 or on sale or something, so look for it! 

Nails 
Wet n Wild Megalast Nail Polish (1.99)- These are one of my favorite nail polish brands. They're better than most Essie polishes I've tried, and probably just as good as the China Glaze ones. These have a super interesting brush thats a little bit tiny and it just makes it really easy to put on without looking too streaky. It doesn't chip very easily either. It's super great. I have the color Disturbia and it's a really nice really dark purple that I haven't really seen much of. 

Sally Henson Extreme Wear Hard as Nails (2.99)- Another one of my favorites. Some of the shades have a weird formulation that makes it hard to just get on the nails without it getting too gloppy or streaky, but for the most part, the formulation is really good. For the color Pacific Blue, you don't even need a second coat or anything. It's also a really nice blue color that I haven't really seen anything else like. They have a lot of other amazing colors as well, even the ones with the less good formula still show up nicely once you actually have it on. It's just a great brand. 

Sinful Colors- I've tried the sinfulshine gel finish and the new glittery Christmas collection that they have, and its all really great. They have quite a nice selection and a nice formula for being like 1.99-2.99 ish. Really good. 

Hair 

L'oreal Total Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner (4.99 each) I like the L'oreal hair care line a lot. I have very dry hair and this has been making quite a difference in my hair lately. It's just what I needed. It feels like a really fancy salon quality product, but it's only 4.99 which is awesome! 

Aussie 3 minute miracle deep conditioner (3.99)- This is another really cool thing. It's a nice deep conditioner that you could use more than once a week if you really wanted to. It smells just like a pina colada and works wonders. 

Skincare 

Queen Helene's Oatmeal and Honey Facial Scrub (3.79)- I like the way that this feels on my face. It is a little bit abrasive so be gentle while using it, but it will keep your skin nice. I really like a good face scrub, and this one has been my favorite lately. 

Freeman Avacado and Oatmeal Face Mask (4.19)- This is my favorite mask. I always have a nice moisturized face after using it and it makes a HUGE difference to me because I have pretty dry skin. I always feel better after I use it, and it smells really good on my face. It's just my favorite mask. 

That is all for my feeling lovely Thursday this week. Next week will be Feeling Thankful Thursday as it is Thanksgiving. I may or may not post because I think I'll be asleep or with family or working the whole day... yes I sadly need to work on Thanksgiving night, so I will be looking forward to using some of these things to help me feel lovely after working! Hope you've enjoyed it and are feeling lovely today because you are LOVELY and awesome and yeah. 

What are your favorite products that have a great price? Let me know in a comment type form. Gracias. 

BYEEEE! 
-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f