Skip to main content

Movie Monday: Kazam

Guys... Kazam> Space Jam... honestly... I don't know why this movie isn't as loved as it should be... it's actually a fun movie that I was happy to just sit down and enjoy. 

So I found out that this was considered a bad movie a few years ago when it was featured on the podcast How Did This Get Made... and I was like "What? This wasn't a bad movie at all. Why is it on this podcast." And then I heard them review it and I was like "maybe this was a bad movie." But I still stood by it... when the movie Shazam came out- I thought it was a remake of Kazam... which it wasn't- but that was still a good movie too... but not the same as Kazam. And I actually remember seeing this movie in theaters as a kid. I got really nostalgic when Kazam and Max sang "We ain't men, We Genie." And that was the first time I remember hearing "We Genie" instead of "we're genie"... it was kind of funny. 

So nostalgia aside- I didn't actually remember very much of the movie itself- so I feel like I was only slightly biased on that front because I did hear it was a bad movie and... I said to my boyfriend "Watch me be wrong and this movie is actually bad." But no. It wasn't... it was actually a really fun movie with a pretty sweet story about a kid trying to accept his parents divorce and his new stepdad. His dad has a weird shady piracy business that didn't make much sense... but I think he did want to be a better for his kid and... Max really loved him and I think that meant something to him. So... it was pretty sweet. 

Alright- as weird as this movie is... it is on Disney Plus now and it's a good movie that wouldn't have worked with any actor other than Shaquille O'neil and it wouldn't have worked any other time than the 90s... It's just a good one if you don't want to fully invest in a movie but you wouldn't mind if you found yourself actually caring about the movie and getting invested in the characters. 

Bye! 
-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...