Skip to main content

Friends Friday: The Rachel- Ross- Joey Love Triangle Pt. 1

 So... I figured I'd have to talk about this eventually. And here's the thing... I actually really liked this storyline. In season 8 especially- it was something new and different that honestly most shows wouldn't have done... and it got us to see different sides of each of these characters. 

So in Season 8 Rachel is pregnant with Ross's baby after getting together for one night while Rachel was feeling vulnerable about Monica and Chandler's upcoming marriage and Ross hadn't been with a woman in 6 months... so... yeah. 

Anyway flash forward a few months later... Joey is nervous for a date he's about to go on and Rachel misses dating and realizes she may not date for a while... and so she and Joey go on a "date" as friends and Rachel and Joey tell each other their "date night moves" and Rachel's are really good... and Joey begins to develop feelings for her. While she's pregnant with Ross's baby. 

And Joey's never really had feelings like this before... so he does pretty much think it's love... and maybe it is love... but I think it's just a crush. And Rachel is also his roommate so... it's easy to get a crush on someone you are so close to all the time. 

Ross is honestly a great friend in all of this and tells Joey to tell Rachel how he feels. Even though Ross will always love Rachel... he knows that Joey needs to tell Rachel how he feels. Plus Ross does want Rachel to be happy too- and he knows that Joey is a really great guy that will love Rachel the way she deserves to be loved... so it makes sense. 

I know people didn't love the storyline... and I see why. It's hard to imagine Joey going after Rachel like that... it really isn't fair to Ross... but I think it's kind of natural for friends that are living together to get crushes on each other... and it shows how mature and strong the friendships of all these characters are. 

Okay this is just the first part of the love triangle... I'll talk about the second part where Rachel gets a crush on Joey next week. 

Bye! 

-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...