Skip to main content

Movie Monday: Parasite

 Okay... So I've been wanting to see this movie for months and my boyfriend has been wanting for me to see it for months and it is... worth the hype for sure. I absolutely loved it- one of the best movies I've ever seen. 

And... I feel like it's a movie worth owning or paying money to see because honestly it felt like I was watching 2 or 3 different movies in one. It all flowed together really well and... I really don't know what I was expecting with this movie. I thought it was going to be a really scary movie about a parasite that infected a family... It is but not on that base level... it's very deep and it's very satirical. There are moments where I laugh and moments I could relate to... It was honestly very well done. 

Sooo... I'm not quite sure how to describe this movie without spoiling it because... in the middle of the movie- there's a big plot twist... and I just made sure it wasn't in the trailer before I talked about it because IT IS SO HARD TO TALK ABOUT WITHOUT MENTIONING THAT but... I want to do a spoiler free version of this as a review... and then maybe next monday I'll watch the movie again and do a spoiler free breakdown of every little detail in the movie... but man... this is a great movie. 

Anyway it shows this one poor family that are trying to make some money by folding pizza boxes... which is honestly a hard job- and they didn't make a lot of money from that to begin with and because there were some errors in the boxes- they paid them even less. So they were looking for a new job and the son's friend came in and asked him to take over tutoring for a rich family. And the son- doesn't have any qualifications... but these people are very gullible... so they fall for his fake degree and hire him. 

And then... he realizes they could use a teacher for their son too- so he gets his sister a job there too- but again they don't know she's his sister- they think she's his friend's cousin or something and she convinces the (very rich) lady of the house that she's a teacher and that her son really needs her because he's schitzophrenic or something and she hires her. Then she gets the driver fired and convinces the family to hire her father... and then they all get the housekeeper fired... very elaborately... and then his wife gets hired as the housekeeper. 

So this family has conned their way into all this stuff and their working for the family. And... something happens that kind of changes it to a horror satire and then at the end things get really crazy. And in the end... I'd say its satisfying. And yes the poor family is taking advantage of the rich family... but the rich family is very ignorant to anything that goes on in the real world... so they should kind of treated people better and cared about people more than they care about things. 

And... there was a sad part of the ending too where you think there's some hope at the end but... there probably is not. And... that's really sad and... yeah. I'll talk more about that in my next post about this movie... but it was kind of a sad moment. 

Bye! 

-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...