Skip to main content

Friends Friday: The Ross-Rachel- Joey Love Triangle Part 2

 Okay so I talked about the first love triangle last week which took place in Season 8 during Rachel's pregnancy. The second part of this is in season 9 when Rachel gets a crush on Joey who just happens to be dating the perfect woman for Ross... and it all culminates in a very weird season finale... 

Sooo yeah... I have to say... I don't know if this one worked quite as well as the other love triangle. Like I'm glad they did it... I liked all of the episodes around this storyline... but it still wasn't really the best? I don't think Friends ever jumped the shark but... the season finale of this was weird. 

So yeah. In the episode "The One With Rachel's Dream." We see Rachel get a crush on Joey after seeing him do a love scene on Days Of Our Life and she had a dream about him. 

This isn't exactly showing us a different side of Rachel because basically all of Rachel's relationships on the show are her pining after a guy for a while and then eventually dating them. Ross, Joshua, Danny, Tag and Joey all kind of have the same "crush" story line where Rachel can't date them for one reason or another... and then she does date them... but then it doesn't work out in the end. I might go further into this in another post comparing all of the Friends romantic relationships...but Rachel's are all very similar. 

Anyway along with this Entanglement- Joey starts dating Charlie. A beautiful Paleontologist that Ross had feelings for. Ross is showing Charlie (Aisha Tyler) around New York for work and they end up at Joey's party on the roof with a bunch of Soap Opera Stars... and Joey kisses Charlie.

Charlie and Joey date for a while and then they end up going to Barbados with the gang for a Paleontology conference that Ross is a Key Note Speaker at. Joey ends up having a great time with Rachel while Charlie helps Ross re-write his speech... and Joey and Charlie realize that maybe it isn't such a good thing that they had such a great time with other people and they break up. 

I slightly forget what happens but... Joey finds out about Rachel's crush on him... and he feels the same way but doesn't really want to act on it because of Ross... but then he sees Ross kissing Charlie and decides to go for it with Rachel. 

And how does Ross react to this...  He is fine. 

And anyone that has seen this episode knows... Ross is 100% not fine. He drinks A LOT of margaritas while on a double date with Joey and Rachel (and him and Charlie of corse)... this is a lot less mature than when Joey had a crush on Rachel and... it makes sense. As I mentioned last week- Ross does still really love Rachel and I don't think he's okay actually seeing Rachel date Joey... I don't think he ever thought Rachel and Joey would date before. 

So yeah The One Where Ross is Fine is a VERY SILLY Ross episode... which are the best Ross episodes right???

And eventually Rachel and Joey break up because Rachel cannot really be intimate with him...anytime he starts to go to far- she slaps his hand away and she just can't really do it because she thinks of him too much as a friend... and also probably because she also still loves Ross and she knows that if she ever sleeps with Joey- she can never be with Ross again. 

And Ross and Charlie end up breaking up because Charlie has an ex that she has a lot of history with that comes into her and Ross's lives and... she still has feelings for that ex so she has to dump Ross. 

So... yeah. That's the Entanglement of Friends. I hope you guys like this little break down of everyone's least favorite storyline on Friends. I have to say I do really like the episodes related to this storyline and I used to really love the storyline... but I can see how it bothered people. They could have done a better job with it. 

Bye! 

-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f