Skip to main content

Scribbles About TV: UnREAL

So, I don't watch Lifetime very often... so I didn't even hear about this show or what it was about or anything. But I saw on Entertainment Weekly, or Vulture or TVLine or something saying that there was a new drama about a dating reality show. This is a concept that always intrigues me. I've also started watching The Bachelorette recently... and I know a little bit about the Scripted Television industry... and I know Reality Shows are just as scripted as everything else. I can kind of tell there's a lot of drama behind the scenes to create this drama... so this all makes sense to me.

I was kind of on board when I saw Constance Zimmer on it. She's super talented and doesn't really tend to stay on shows that last a long time... but she can do funny, she can do mean... she can be serious... she is really talented and I think this role is the role for her because she is kind of the villain and the comic relief of the show. The show is pretty dark, so it needs someone that can kind of be both of those things.

And its done really well too. Like I'm interested enough in the reality show and the characters within that... and I'm super interested in whats going on behind the scenes. All the girls are really interesting, so is the guy and... seeing it all is just really really good. I was just watching the on the rest of the season for the season and it looked really REALLY good. This looks much better than the real reality shows and it looks like an amazing Soap type of show... I'm already super into this!

When you see the main character on the show  too its really good. I felt for her instantly. She was on the floor of the limo getting sound bits with a shirt that says "This is What A Feminist Looks Like" on. No make up, she looks very tired and distressed and she's with all these beautiful and glamourous women and she clearly does not belong in the limo, but she's there. Doing her job... and I just thought that was a really cool moment to show her, in that shirt on the floor and everything. I just felt really connected. And no one on the show is really that likable... but I really liked this character and I got her struggle and everything.

I was really impressed with this for being a Lifetime Drama... I didn't really think their original tv would be that good... Lifetime has come a long way from their Lifetime movies though, thats for sure. The Lizzie Borden Chronicles look really good too.

The one critique I have is the name. They could have called it so many better things and I really don't like that the un is lower case and the REAL is all caps... it feels like a teen web series... but it is really good anyway.

So I would give this show like a B or a B-... there were some parts I thought they could have sped up a little bit. Rachel has some issues that are super vague for the whole episode... which isn't terrible, I thought that was a good move and the show did have good pacing... but it wasn't like super fast paced like Jane The Virgin or anything... and if I want a campy nighttime soap, I want it to be fast paced and campy. They don't play up the camp or speed it up at all. Like I said, its still amazing, I'm still really excited for the next episode and I'm definitely going to continue watching... wouldn't be surprised if this makes the It List...

So yeah... that is exciting! This is just the first Scribbles about TV I'll have on new shows I will have coming up. I watched The Whispers last night and Loved it... but I beed to  watch it a second time just to see everything I missed. Thats a tough one, I need another look at it... guess I spoiled that I liked it already lol. And tomorrow I'll probably have Aquarius... which I've only watched about a minute of... so thats cool. I want to get the review of the first episode up before the second episode comes on... even though technically you can bingewatch them all right now if you really wanted! Lol. And there is also Grace and Frankie, which I really want to watch!

So yeah! That is everything! Hope you guys like this and check out this cool show!

Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f