Skip to main content

It List: June 2015

I feel like I'm going to have a lot here... but here we go!

1) Donut Shoppe Nutty Caramel k cups- I've been loving this flavor from my Keurig this month. It tastes really good hot, but its also the best k cup I've made iced so far! Its really sweet and it has that nutty flavor to it that just makes it so different. The caramel is also really amazing in this flavor too. I've been looking forward to waking up more because of these. Especially after trying them iced!

2) Christina Kober Fortune Cookie Necklace- So my sister got my graduation present from this designer Christina Kober and its a fortune cookie with the quote "Stay Weird. Stay Different" from Graham Moore on it. I love this quote and I love the necklace in general. I find it inspirational because I do want to be a screenwriter/ writer and he won the oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay. And the words are universally inspirational anyway. I like being weird and different and this necklace is just very meaningful and is a great reminder of that!

And another necklace I got for graduation, idk the designer or where its from or anything, but I've been wearing it a lot also! Its pink and has an intricate design on the back and on the sides. Its pretty!

3) UnREAL- I did a full review on this... but this show is just so good! I feel like its one of the most addictive and like dramatic soapy type of shows thats on right now. On Drama Level, I'd put it on par with Jane The Virgin, but its more serious than that. And its sad because you know this is how these shows work. This is on right after The Bachelorette but on Lifetime instead of ABC and if you watch them back to back you'll be like "wow this love story is a complete lie" which is why IT NEVER WORKS OUT! These reality shows are so scripted and so trashy it is easy to get famous on them... but impossible to find love on them. Its bad. But I like it!

4) Flower Crowns- I really like rocking flower crowns. It just makes me feel like a fancy princess everyday of my life! Lol. I have 2 right now. One has daisies on it and the other has sunflowers... the daisy one is really a blonde one... so I kind of prefer the sunflowers... but they're both super pretty and I just can't get enough of these lol. It is an easy way to look slightly pulled together!

And speaking of daisies and easy ways to look pulled together... gotta shout out my daisy scarf from Franchesca's! I almost left this at chilis and it was devastating cause this was not on sale and Franchesca's is expensive! Lol... but I'm getting the use out of this because when I saw it... I knew I couldn't leave Franchesca's without it! Its so cute... I can't get enough! Now that I've been wearing my Necklaces that I got as graduation presents more, I haven't worn this in a while... but these would layer nice with necklaces. Like The quote necklace I think would work under it... that might be a little big to look good under a scarf... but its simple enough to work. And the sparkly one is on a shorter chain, so that would probably look pretty peeking out under a scarf! I'll have to try it!

5) Minion Shower Gel- This is a newer thing... to me at least. It is a shower gel that looks like a minion on it and smells like banana. Well one smells like banana, I haven't used that one yet, but the one that smells like strawberry banana is amazing! It just makes me happy to use this in the shower. Its so cute and the smell is just so yummy and summery. I really like it!

6) Orange Is The New Black- Wouldn't be a June It List without Mention of Orange Is The New Black....would it? This season I've really been liking. The religion and business themes... really good. Piper and Alex I'm kind of against because I mean thats crazy. Alex is insane and Piper is annoying... but I was relieved there was no love triangle... well at least for part of the season. Love triangles are fun, but after a while they annoy me. But yeah, a lot of questions were answered this season. Some of the background stories were... a little lazy. Last year all of them were so good and this year they're just kind of... meh. Not many that really stood out. But still cool. Glad to be seeing some more people that we don't always see. And I've been liking the storyline a lot this season. I didn't really like the thing with Vee... so I'm good without her... but yeah. I guess I liked the story with Poussey and I liked Taystee and all of them last year... I kind of wish they had more of a story this year... but its still really good.

I also miss Nicky. I feel like theres a lot missing from the show without her at Litchfield. And I think that story could have developed a lot further... there was no need to end it that soon!

7) New Coach Bag- So I got this new coach bag! It is from the Modern Metals collection that they released recently and it was on sale at Macy's plus I had a coupon, so that was nice. Its a decent size its like a smaller "bowling bag" type of bag. You can wear it crossbody or on your forearm. Its rose gold and super pretty and actually quite roomy, but it doesn't get heavy. I dig it!

8) Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask- This I got a little bit before graduation. I have really dry skin and I heard this is a good moisturizer and I really like Origins products... so I decided to give this a go and I've been loving it! I only really use it twice a week, thats what it recommends and I have a separate night cream I use otherwise... but I really like this! It feels great, it smells great and its actually not uncomfortable to sleep in, even in the summer! So yeah, really like that.

9) Tarte Showstopper Palette- I feel like I'm doing a lot of fashion and beauty favorites... but I can't not mention this because I love Tarte and I think this is a really good palette and a good value. Its in a round shape and it has 6 eyeshadows I believe and a blush, a highlighter and a bronzer... so its perfect because its all in one and its very travel friendly. I also love the formula of Tarte's eyeshadows, I think they're the longest wearing eyeshadows and I kind of want to start collecting them... that might be weird but I don't care I like them lol. Plus the color selection is quite unique. Its something I'd usually have to pull from all sorts of different palettes and singles to get, but this is easy. Its all in one and I love it! Plus the Blush is my favorite, the highlighter might also be my favorite and the bronzer is quite good also.

10) The New Frap Flavors- You might be able to tell... I'm kind of obsessed with Starbucks... especially the frappuccinos and whenever there is a new flavor... I'm on it. I have to get it the day it starts and get the ltd ones pretty much daily. Lol. So this has been a really fun adventure for me to try all of them. So far I have tried 3, 2 of which I've reviewed... the third is coming soon. My favorite so far has been the Lemon Bar. This was exciting for me.

11) Blacklist Table Reads- I think I mentioned this last month, but I like the movie they're doing even better this month! Its so good its called Terrible Parents and its about a woman and her husband that are doing EVERYTHING to get their kid into daycare. Like EVERYTHING! Plus she's fighting with her high school rival and I just think it's funny and relatable and it better get made cause it will probably be one of my favorite movies of all time.

If you don't know what the podcast Blacklist Table Reads is... I've mentioned it quite a few times on this blog, my Scribbles about Ear Movies explain it. Its a podcast where they read good movies that haven't been made yet. Definitely recommend Terrible Parents. Really good!

12) 2 dots- I've probably mentioned this several times before also... but its a super fun game and I finally beat the level I couldn't beat for a long time and I've been doing really good lately. Its just so fun you connect dots to win. And there are little challenges within it and stuff... its just a fun game. Its free, so you should check it out!

And that is everything! Everything I liked this month! And its actually in the middle of the month too! I did this on hump day of hump month! Lol. Too bad its not a wednesday, then things would be crazyyyy!

Byeeeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f