Skip to main content

Blogmas Day 2: A Bad Moms Christmas Review

Hey everyone! So for the today's Blogmas and my post Thursday- I have movie reviews that I wrote around the summer time. So I'm sorry if these sound less Christmasy... I just wanted to write my first reaction after watching them.

So that being said- this was a fine movie to watch in May... I actually got it for my mom as a Mother's Day gift and we watched it right away. So that's another fun time to watch this movie... it shows a lot about mothers and daughters and it's sweet.

I really liked this movie and I loved the original Bad Moms... this didn't really feel like a sequel to that movie- it felt more like 3 different stories about each of the Bad Mom's. Yes we did get a follow up on the characters- yes we did see all of the Bad Moms together... but it still kind of just felt like we were watching each of their struggles. Being a mom around Christmas is hard, trying to make Christmas perfect is hard, and having your mom's around for Christmas is hard... so that was basically what the movie was getting at.


So the three stories: Amy's mom and dad surprised Amy and her kids by saying that they were coming over Christmas. It was the first Christmas after Amy's divorce- so Amy's mom was trying to do everything perfectly and nothing Amy did was good enough for her. Amy didn't have a Christmas Tree so her mom decorated the house for her and made it over the top. Amy's mother wanted to see a 5 hour depressing version of The Nutcracker that was all in Russian and Amy wanted to have fun with her family and friends at Sky Zone... it was all a little over the top- but you could see that the kids really loved their grandmother and Amy wanted to fix everything to save Christmas for them.

Next up Kristin Belle's Character Kiki and her mom Sandy, played by Cheryl Hines. Sandy had Kiki when she was 18 and Kiki's father died, she was a little too attached to Kiki. She got the same haircut and color as Kiki... she wanted to stay in the same bedroom as Kiki and her husband... even when she should have given them some privacy... and it just seemed like she had no boundries and no idea of personal space.

And Carla's mom played by Susan Sarandon. Uhhh I'm not going to say her name because... well if you see the movie- you'll know why. Lol. Anyway she would only see Carla as a surprise andd it was usually when she needed money for gambling. And... well that story isn't really that deep. That's kind of it.

So it all wrapped up nicely and I thought the movie was just as fun to watch as the first one. I think I liked it more than I liked the next movie that I'm going to review... which I did watch first... but I kind of wished that there were more scenes with all of the moms toghether. It felt like that's the way it differed from the original the most... and that was a little bit missing from the movie. I liked how the stories were sort of their own thing... but it made the movie feel a little bit longer and it just was missing something and I think that was it... and while it wasn't bad... like I said I don't so much consider this a sequel to Bad Mom's as much as just a Christmas story following the original.

And that's fine- you definitely don't need to see the original Bad Moms to see this one and that makes it kind of like Christmas Vacation... where it is a sequel- but it really isn't because you can just enjoy it on it's own. I don't think people will ever watch this movie the way they watch Christmas Vacation... but I still love the movie and I'm sure I'll watch it again and again.

Edit: Update several months after I wrote this they are now re-releasing this movie in theaters with Fathom Events... I'd just say buy it on DVD or Blu Ray... it's on sale at Target on Black Friday and it's probably a fun girls night out movie... but probably a more fun Girl's Night In Movie! 

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f