Skip to main content

Blogmas Day 7: Shopping For Christmas Gifts (SPOILERS FOR MY FRIENDS/BOYFRIEND... PLEASE DON'T READ TILL AFTER I GIVE YOU YOUR PRESENTS!!!!!!)

So this is not really going to be a gift guide post... but it sort of is I guess... I'm just going to kind of talk about what I got for people so far for christmas- why I got them these things and maybe a little bit of the shopping process behind it all.

I'm going to start off with my friends because I got my 3 friends that I've had since High School (one from before that) and I get them all the same thing... and typically I get them all makeup. This year I got their presents early- during the Sephora 20% off sale... I had swatched one of the mini Violet Voss palettes and I thought the Berry Burst looked good and seemed a little bit like a mini version of the Holy Grail palette- which I like a lot. The Creme Brulee looked nice too- but I thought the Berry Burst would be better. I also got them each a Bum Bum Bath Bomba from Sol de Janiero because... even though I didn't think it was the best Bath Bomb I've ever tried for the price... but I also thought it was nice and I liked it enough to give to them cause I think they'll like the smell a lot... I just thought it was a good gift.

And I got one of the Sephora Lip Stories Lip Set because I like the lip stories... I thought this would be easy to break up and give them each 2 lipsticks. I might get them something else just because I got these so early that I feel like I can get them something else if I find it... but if I don't I think that's okay too. I might put it in a makeup bag or something for each of them just cause that might be cute... but they do have really cute bags at my work too... so idk. Maybe I'll put it in a gift bag. I'm not sure!

So yeah- I was happy to get all of that early... the next person I shopped for was my boyfriend... who I'm still getting things for- but I thought it would be kind of easy to pick out clothes he likes... so I got him 3 things from the clearance section of the mens department where I work... I wouldn't normally go straight to the clearance section for a gift- but I knew one thing he liked... I saw a second thing I liked that I thought he would wear and then a 3rd thing from his favorite brand. So the thing I knew he wanted was a Letterman jacket from Tommy Hillfiger. This is a super cool blue color- he kind of mentioned he wanted some more color in his clothing... so I thought the blue would be cool... and I think he'll look really good in it. Another thing I got him was a long sleeved Atari t shirt... this I just thought looked cool. And his favorite brand is a store called Superdry and I saw a really nice green hoodie from there that I really liked.

I also want to get him a stocking with some little things and candies maybe... so far for that I have a Gameboy keychain, because I saw him looking at that at boxlunch... and I got him 2 ornaments from The Disney Store because we always go to The Disney Store together... I got him a Donald that has a pull string that reminds me of one that I have on my tree- and a Duck Tales ornament.

I'll maybe try to get him more blind bags or something and a lot of candy!

And then for my friend from work who I haven't known as long as my other friends but we've just kind of got along really well... I got her a Lion King VHS Clutch Bag because I knew she liked the Aladdin one that I have... and I was going to get her The Lion King anyway because I know she has a Lion King Tattoo... but I do like to give people hints about what I'm getting them so I did ask her to pick between movies and she said Lion King! So that was good. And I went out shopping with her yesterday and while I was at Boxlunch I got her a mystery Stitch Blind bag because Stitch is her favorite. I thought that would be kind of fun because I could say "I snuck and got that while we were out shopping." ... which I just think is kind of fun.

So... that is everything so far that I've gotten. I need to shop for my sister, my parents, and there are a few family friends I wanted to get some gift cards for... plus my grandmothers- I think I'll get them each a little something from my store... and my niece I need to get something for.

All of the people I'm buying gifts for are really important in my life and I'm really happy to give them gifts and I'm really excited to see them get the gifts.

I hope this was helpful or interesting... if anything this is just fun for me to like!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f