Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap Up: 5.21.16

Early weekly wrap up this week! Here we go!

Favorites 

The Four Agreements- This was a good book that I read for a book club that I'm in. It was the first book and its just very calming. If you've got a lot on your mind... just read it and you might get something from it. It's a good book to have.

Eat Smart Snacks Three Bean Healthy Tortilla Chip in Spicy Black Bean- These are amazing! I think I already wrote a review on this blog. I did an unboxing on this from my Influenster Sprout Voxbox on my other blog... I got these from Influenster, which is a company that sends free products for reviewing purposes... and this one is probably my favorite food thing that they've sent. These are really tasty and even replacing Cool Ranch Doritos... just a tiny bit.

Weddings- I've been doing wedding stuff all week... so that's important and pretty much a favorite. Lol.

Snippets from the week 
- Monday I started my book club and skyped with some of my friends. That was fun! I was reading most of the day and doing nothing. 
- My sister had her rehearsal dinner this week and that was a lot of fun.
-Wednesday I went to mall and caught up on sleep because it was the last day I could actually do that.
-Friday I went to the spa to get a manicure and pedicure... and it was amazing.
-Went to dance one day this week.
-went with my dad to pick up my aunt, who I haven't seen in a long time and went to lunch with her.
- Overall... just had a fun week! 

TV Highlights 
-I started watching Jane The Virgin again because I'm all caught up on Crazy Ex Girlfriend for the season... which I didn't know about and I'm sad about it. But I still have a few more episodes of Jane The Virgin left... so hopefully that won't be too bad. 

Missed the Grey's Finale but I know Callie is leaving or died or something because every news article says "Callie is leaving" and it's bothering me. 

News and World Events 
Courtney Stodden aka one of the worst human beings to exist married to another bad person that she married as a child is now 4 months pregnant... so good luck there. 

Blake Lively posted a picture of herself and captioned it "LA Face with an Oakland Booty" and the internet went crazy! Sir Mix A Lot defended the post saying that although he did write Baby Got Back with WOC in mind, he was trying to send a message that all bodies should be accepted in magazines. So no matter what your race, color or body shape is you are beautiful and its a beautiful thing that there are so many different types of people out there. This has nothing to do with the Lively photo, but confidently embrace who you are... that seems to be the positive thing you can get from this selfie.

Plus Sized Model Ashley Graham plays the love interest of Joe Jonas in the video for Toothbrush by DNCE. Not only is this awesome because I love the song, but there aren't many plus-sized love interests and they did the video without conveying any sort of message about plus sized women... so that's awesome too.

Forever 21 announces that they are going to have a credit card. And that's a thing. Lol. 

Danny Trejo celebrated his birthday this week! Good job!

Thoughts 
This has been one of the busiest/craziest/funnest weeks ever... so just take time to enjoy things and if you know you're going to have a busy week... spend your free time sleeping. Lol. 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f