Skip to main content

Scribbles About TV: Cool Things About David Letterman

Sooo... I thought I'd just mention some cool things about David Letterman because he just ended his term on The Late Show and to me, he's timeless. He's always been funny, always been relevant. I'm a big fan of Late Night TV and in recent years, Letterman is probably the show I've watched the least of all the Late Night Shows... but growing up I watched it a lot. I wasn't like staying up late and watching it or anything as a kid... maybe sometimes lol. I just feel like it was always on. Like they had a clip of him with a kid and he was singing jingle bells and then the kid sings "You are not you are not you are not funny" to him (in the tune of Jingle Bells) and I remember that being a joke in my house for a little while. My sister and I said it to each other a lot.

And I think that is a really cool thing. Like he did a lot of interviews with famous people and a lot of stuff like that, people guest starred on his top 10 and stuff like that... but he always ALWAYS did things with regular people and thats what I think was the funniest. A LOT of what they showed today were his interactions with real life people. They showed the clips of him with kids, they showed him at a Taco Bell. He did Stupid Pet Tricks and Stupid Human Tricks too, which was great and really made him stand out from all the other talk shows. He really got to know people and I feel like thats why everyone liked him so much. I like when Late Night Hosts feel like they're a member of our household for an hour or so every night... thats a little weird. But you know what I mean? Like he interacted so well with other fans and other people that it feels like he really knows his audience, and to me that is really cool. All the great Late Night Shows need some sort of interaction with everyday people to be really great in today's day and age. That was some great interactions and just something that not everyone does and its something to miss.

And if you think about it... to be as popular and as talked about as Letterman, was a lot harder than it is for talk shows today. I love Jimmy Fallon and Seth Meyers... really there is not a late night host I don't have a ton of respect for and I really do like them all... but nowadays its pretty easy to see the funny parts of a talk show. If I miss Jimmy Fallon when someone important is on, its okay because the best sketches and games he does always go viral the morning after. It is probably harder not to watch Jimmy Fallon than it is to watch him. I don't watch Kimmel at all really, but whenever there is a Celebrity's read mean tweets, he gets kidnapped by Matt Damon or gets bit by a snake... its easy to see again! The Snake Bite was on my DVD of Greys Anatomy! Lol. They aired the Matt Damon episode in prime time a week after it happened. It isn't really difficult to see the best parts of these shows... but for Dave, most of the time he was a host there was no youtube. He couldn't go viral or anything... yet people were always talking about all the best parts anyway! It didn't need the internet to go viral or be a hit... it was a hit in its own right!

He's also really good at keeping his cool. The most talked about interview I've heard about all week is the Jauquin Phoenix interview. Dave had no idea what was going on at all. He was thinking the same thing everyone else watching was thinking... and he didn't know what to do about it... so he just continued, without pretending it was a normal interview, but also without making Juaquin (I'm spelling it two ways cause idk how to spell it lol.) feel too uncomfortable. He needed to address the elephant in the room, and he did so just by not completely addressing it but certainly not ignoring it. That makes sense right? Lol. Thats not something everyone could do!

Also... have you noticed the obsession with lists in Pop Culture? Like with Buzzfeed and just pretty much everything else! I even do it with my It List... Its probably because of Letterman! I always like the Top Ten List format and thats kind of why I list off so many things on this blog. That and The Princess Diaries... but that was also probably inspired by Letterman. So thats pretty cool. And he just did that every night! I just like that! Really cool stuff!

Another cool thing is that he got his start on Late Night which is now hosted by Seth Meyers! I always really like the Late Night or Late Late shows and I feel like they are so underrated. Plus I feel like with all the Late Night Tv shuffling and everything, its hard to hold down one late night job for such a long time.

So yeah... Love David Letterman. I'm excited to see Stephen Colbert as the next host. He is my favorite and I'm really happy for him too!

Byeeee!
-Shannon

P.S This was supposed to go up yesterday, but I accidentally posted the review of the S'mores Oreos instead! Lol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f