Skip to main content

Feminist Rant: Do We Ask Too Much of Women?

Soooo... lately I've been kind of feeling all this pressure as a lady to be awesome and to be my best self and to do whatever society thinks is right... but hold on a second... what does society want from you?

Well you have to be pretty, otherwise you're garbage people... but you still have to be equally nice all the time but not too nice to the point where your a pushover. You really need to speak out for yourself, but a lot of times your opinion is wrong because there is a right and wrong opinion. You have to be well educated... but not a nerd. You need to have kids and love them and definitely breastfeed them, otherwise you're a complete monster... even if you can't. You can't really be too dependent on your kids or love them too much otherwise you're a total psycho. You need to wear make up otherwise your ugly, but do a natural look so that you can fool men into being attracted to you. You need to be a feminist, but don't forget about men either because you have to love your men more than anything... unless you're a lesbian in which case you can't be too feminine or too masculine otherwise you'll be put into a category and you don't want that. You can't be bisexual or questioning... that doesn't exist. Also you really can't say any joke that might offend anyone in any way otherwise you are a complete COMPLETE monster and bully and horrible person overall.

Maybe thats an exaggeration... but its kind of true. There are sooooo many things wrong with how we look at women. One thing that really made me realize this was watching "Ultimate Fail Clips" of Beauty Pageants... something honestly I find hilarious. A pretty girl slips up and sounds stupid... how funny is that. Women are dumb hahaha... but like really think about what beauty pageants are asking. They're called Beauty Pageants, but you also have to have a talent and be a role model and answer questions. I used to think the "Some americans don't have maps and the South Africa and The Iraq and blahhh blahh blahh" video... you know what I'm talking about was really funny... but kind of think about it. This was a teen pageant and really... is a teen beauty queen going to change the world? Why do we expect her to? Do you really need to be EVERYTHING to be the representative of America? And if so... why are we doing that in a beauty pageant? Why not just give it to a regular person that has good values? Why not just give it to someone nice!

And like... if you think about it... they ask hard questions to Miss America candidates... and like why? It isn't really their job to fix the world. They don't want to be president, they aren't running for congress or anything... its a beauty pageant... they really don't have to fix the world. We never ask these things to male athletes so is it really necessary.

Yes its necessary! You can't just judge someone because they're pretty! That's so shallow... they have to be everything... but then its just an endless cycle of expecting women to be everything... and... WE DON'T FRICKIN HAVE MALE BEAUTY PAGEANTS SO THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN... so yeah. This shouldn't really be something we have as a practice and... its just not really something we need that should be a thing. I do admire people who do pageants and I don't mean to say "ohhh all pageant contestants are dumb and pretty." Noooo not at all. There are a ton of really inspiring pageant winners. In Fifth Grade we actually had Miss New Jersey (the real one, not Sandra Bulluck) talk to us and I remember thinking she was really cool and I actually got to keep an autographed picture of her! Which is awesome! So I don't mean to say anything  bad about pageant contestants, I just think we shouldn't make fun of them and maybe we shouldn't have certain parts of the conversation because... idk I feel like now we just do it to make fun of them when they go viral... when really these are just young girls that are probably under pressure and don't always know what to say! Lets take some pressure off of them! (also I love Vanessa Williams. Lets just say that!)

My mom I think is one of the strongest most empowering people ever. She is an incredibly nice person. She's a mom, thats her job and she is the absolute best at it in my opinion. Moms are awesome. Happy Mother's Day.


I hope you guys like this little rant type thing and can kind of open your eyes. Its not even just about wage equality... there's just a lot of things that women are supposed to be and we can't possibly be them all.

And as always... idk if anything I say makes any sense... but hey, if I were a man you would be impressed. Lol.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f