Skip to main content

Coming This Summer: Things I'm excited for Summer 2015

So there is a lot to be excited about this summer. Here are some movies, tv shows, a couple books and... mostly movies that I'm really excited about seeing/reading this summer.

Books 

I don't really know all that many books that are coming out this summer... there was one I read about on Entertainment Weekly with a cupcake that looked like a grenade, and there was another mystery that sounded really good... Surprisingly no Bios for summer release... but there are definitely a couple books I'm looking forward too.

The newest Princess Diaries book is being released! I'm so happy about it! Its about Mia getting married to Michael Moscovitz... and I'm really pumped for it. I recently re-read all of the Princess Diaries series in preparation for this and... I'm excited. Its going to be really good! I know it! Its long awaited... and it sounds like there are more twists and things than any other book... and there are always a few twists, even for a teen fiction. Really excited for this! Btw this book is called Royal Wedding and it comes out June 2nd!

Also along those lines, there is a childrens book with illustrations from Meg Cabot called diary of a Middle School Princess. I know this is too young for me... but I still might read it just because I'm such a hardcore fan of the original series that I want to read the spinoff too! I think its pretty cool that they have something for the younger set as well... now that Pricness Diaries is an adult novel. I think thats really cool. And I want to know Mia's sister too! And its set in Genovia! This book is actually out right now! It was released May 19th!

And if you do have kids... this is actually already released and I just want to give it a shout out because I know the author! Isn't that cool! Lol. Close at Heart A Sea Otter Story by Jill Turner. I went to high school with her, and now she has a children's book published and it looks adorable! I think its about how sea otters hold hands and why they do that. The illustration on the cover looks sooo cute!

TV 

Most of what I'm excited about in the lines of TV are returning shows... but there are some new shows that look really good coming out! One show that looks really good is called The Whispers and  its about a girl that has an imaginary friend, but that friend is real or something. Its like a paranormal activity type of thing and it looks really cool and good. Looking forward to that.

Also Aquarius! I'm so excited! That comes on on Thursday... so tomorrow! I'm going away tomorrow, so I won't see it... but its still really close and looks really good! I think people will really like this show! I'm excited!

Returning this summer on Netflix is Orange is The New Black... I love this show! Its easy to binge watch and all the characters are just really interesting and I love seeing how they develop. I think Red was particularly interesting last season... all good! Such a great show!

And Bojack Horseman! Another Netflix favorite! This show is so different from anything you'll ever see anywhere else. Its funny and bizarre but also sad and real! Its very laugh out loud funny... but it'll also make you sad and it'll make you think. So thats something interesting.

Another favorite show that is coming back in August to USA is Playing House. This is such a funny show and its really cute and well done. Jessica St. Clare and Lennon Parnham are so talented and funny and they are also really nice on twitter and stuff. I love watching the show and... they're just funny and good. You'll really like this show. I had it on in front of my mom and she really likes it now too!

Movies

This is out already... but I really want to see Pitch Perfect 2! I love the first one and the 2nd looks just as funny! I love that Elizabeth Banks directed it and I've been wayyy to busy to see this yet... but I'm going to and its going to be awesome and great! So Yayyyy!

Spy also looks really good. Thats my kind of movie. Like a comedy about spies... those are 2 things I really like and that I think work really well together. I love Melissa McCarthy and Rose Byrne and Paul Feig... and I just think this is going to be awesome.

Another awesome female driven comedy that is coming out this summer... there are actually a lot this year! Trainwreck written by and starring Amy Schumer! This movie looks amazing and everything Amy Schumer does is amazing... so this will be amazing! I'm really excited for it... this is another one that is on my list of MUST SEE movies. Really really dig it!

Jurassic World... Chris Pratt + Dinosaurs.... EVERY MOVIE SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST ONE OF THOSE THINGS IN IT! Yes... Yesssssss yess! I'm seeing this with my mom because my dad won't take her because his arm still hurts from when he took her to see the original Jurassic Park! I don't really love action movies... and i never really end up seeing them... but Chris Pratt is the exception. Lol.

Paper Towns is another movie that looks really good. I haven't finished the book yet... I haven't started the book yet... well maybe by the time I post this I will have... lol. I like a good mystery and this seems like a mystery but with more than just that. I'm incredibly excited to see what happens and read the book and then see the movie... cause you gotta do both right? I don't like seeing the movie without the book. Lol. I know that much!

Inside Out also looks super clever and really different and I'm happy to see Pixar going back to this sort of direction of having the most original movies that there are. Plus the voice actors are all really good. Amy Poehler, Mindy Kaling, Lewis Black, Phyliss from the Office... all awesome. Its already gotten great reviews and this will surely be the cartoon of the summer.

The one movie that I absolutely have to see and that I'm most excited about on top of everything else... Minions! I love the Minions and this movie looks absolutely amazing and adorable! I'm such a sucker for a cartoon and these adorable little minion guys are the best! My favorites 100 percent! I'm happy its with Jon Hamm and Sandra Bulluck. I'm a little sad that they've replaced Dave with Bob as one of the core minions... but thats none of my business... anyway. This looks really original, creative and different than Despicable Me. I'm sure that this will hold up on its own as a fantastic movie and not just be another cartoon spinoff.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f