Skip to main content

It List: May 2015

1)The Black list Table Reads- This is a podcast on the Wolfpop network that is seriously brilliant, different and really enjoyable. This is what I've been listening to a lot lately because its just so fun. The Black List is a project that looks at screenplays that are brilliant and funny but for some reason haven't been made yet. Sometimes its literally because they're too funny and to brilliant to possibly get made.

Basically they get a bunch of good people together, some well known names and some lesser known names and they have them read from the script itself. So basically its like listening to a movie. They broke the first movie into 4 parts and release it week by week. The first movie they did was called Balls Out and its really awesome. It reminds me a lot of Office Space and I think if it did get made it would be the next Office Space. Its wayyy more over the top though lol. It was written during the infamous Writers Strike of around 2007-2008ish. And its about a guy and things aren't going his way... and he dies and there is nothing on the other side... so then he just does what he wants. I haven't finished the episode yet... but I love it. Paul Scheer is the main character in it, Lauren Lapkus, Jason Mantzoukas, Casey Wilson and Matt Walsh are also in the cast... all super funny and its just a really good reading of a really brilliant script. I really hope this podcast gets this made into a movie or something. It is soooo good!

2) Veep, Secrets and Lies & Jane The Virgin- Here are my 3 favorite TV shows right now.

First Veep... I've talked about my obsession with Veep before... its a show I didn't used to like, but lately I've been loving it. Its so funny and the characters are just really good and funny. I love the cast, its one of the most brilliant on tv right now. I was going to start watching it again even if I didn't like it anymore... which sounds bad lol... but I love the cast, I love a workplace comedy, and she's the president so thats cool. But I did end up liking it this time of watching it. Its so funny, really different than anything else on tv... and its just a fun and funny show to watch. I love it!

Secrets and Lies... another show I was surprised I liked so much! The Pilot seemed so bad, but they played Episode 2 right after that and it was really good... and the rest of the show was really good also and you can tell season 2 is going to be quite twisty and awesome. Totally knew who the killer was... but the end was still really creepy and satisfying and I just loveddd it!

And Jane The Virgin... such an amazing show! Its really clever and different and like the pacing of the show is perfect... which is something that isn't always on points with shows. Its also really funny but still really dramatic and cute and the characters are all just really really great! That season finale!!! Amazing! So excited for it to come back in the fall! Love this show!

3) Elizabeth and James Nirvana White Perfume- I got this in a little rollerball sample as a 100 point perk from Sephora and it smells... sooooo good! I kind of just wanted to try it cause I thought it was a good point perk... and usually their point perks are so small and mehhh. Lol. I thought this was a good size and nice that it was in a rollerball too. Its just a nice light florally scent thats really unique and it mixes well with my skin and my chemistry I guess. Its been makin me feel cute lol. And for a designer perfume... this isn't obscenely expensive for a full size. The full size you can get on its own for $75 or get a set with a rollerball and a body lotion... same price! I think the largest size they have may be 1.5 ounces in the bottle and with the gift set it might be only 1 ounce... but still you're getting more cause of the rollerball also. I think thats a pretty good deal... and I may want it in the near future... lol.

4) S'mores Frapuccino- I've said I don't love this... but Starbucks... lol. I do kind of love this. Its the marshmallow that gets me. It is so good! I've probably had like a billion of these... and they just came out. Sooo delicious! Loveeeee it! Its just something you really need to taste. Its the greatest.

5) Plants Vs. Zombies- I'm still not tired of this damn game! I love it! I play the mini games all the time too... I've been playing IZombie like all day... its really good. Just super fun and different. Love it!

6) Hollywood Handbook- This is another podcast I've just started listening too... but its really good and kind of relaxing. I heard these guys on an episode of Comedy Bang Bang and they're really funny, they have great guests and they're good at improv. We did a similar game to what they do in my improv class. We would start a story and then someone would say color to get them to describe a certain part of a story and then they would say continue to continue on with the story... its really quite hard and fun to do. They say "speak on that" when they want you to talk a little more and "Go Back" if they want you to go to an earlier time than what they describe. Its fun to listen to, and honestly I've only listened to them on Comedy Bang Bang and one other episode of theirs... and I don't even totally remember the episode I heard of theirs... but I was sad when it ended and I wanted to listen to some more. Also their voices are just kinda sexy. Lol. Idk I was super attracted to their voices on Comedy Bang Bang and I'm not even going to lie, I had a crush on them based on that. So if you like guys with sexy voices that are good at improv and they're funny... you might want to listen to it. If you heard them on CBB but no where else, their show is very much like what they did on CBB, so if you liked that then you'll like their show too!

7) Colourpop Eyeshadows- These are the thing to get for the summer! If there is one really longwearing amazing shadows. Specifically, I'm going to say the Kathleen Lights quad because I love her, I love her eyeshadow style, I like these shadows. They're very warm toned, but I think that is great for summer and these are just really really good! They have like a wet formula almost, cause they're creamy but kind of a powder... idk lol. They're just super good. I really like them. I'm happy with it. I also have the color Sequin which is a beautiful Rose Gold color. The formula of these is great, they're easy to use and they last on your lids forever! Definitely recommend and I think I'm going to order some more from them... in the future. Possibly near future. Lol.

8) Tove Lo- I've only heard the two songs she's released on the radio recently, Talking Bodies and Stay High but I love them! I was looking for her cd in Target because I like those songs so much and I think she's really cool and different and I just like her style. She's noteworthy I guess. I kind of don't like including music I don't know in the It List, cause I'm like "ohhh this is like my favorite band" and I only know two songs... but whatever. Lol.

9) Fall Out Boy-I can say this is one of my favorite bands for sure! I've been a fan of Fall Out Boy since hearing Sugar We're Going Down for the first time... and they're still my favorite band. I never get tired of them. I listened to them on a train recently... just amazing. I also was going to buy their newer cd at Target... but it was expensive and it was kinda crummy looking packaging and there weren't a whole lot of songs... so I was kind of annoyed about that. Idk, I love having Fall Out Boy's physical cds just cause its Fall Out Boy... but 11.99 for 11 songs in a not nice looking package... just didn't seem like a good price for me. Idk. I still like the band obviously, just still need their newest cd!

And thats everything! Super late this month... but I graduated college... so there is that.

Byee!
_Shannon






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f