Skip to main content

Top 10 Favorite Albums Of All Time (Kind of... but not that serious.)

Sooo I was tagged in a Facebook Challenge to do my Top 10 Favorite Albums of All Time... and I thought I'd post that here too! By the time I'm posting this I'm done with the challenge... but at the time of starting this... I'm not. And I have no idea what I'm picking for the end of the challenge... so that should be fun.

Actually I'm going to post this earlier because I'm a little lazy and I didn't have anything written for the day!

1) Hamilton (Original Broadway Cast) 

I want to say this one is just my favorite of all time... but I also know I can't completely say that. This is probably the one I could listen to every single day for the rest of my life and still get emotional for... It gives me goosebumps, it makes me cry and it's an amazing story... an amazing way to tell the story... and if you're lucky enough to see it live... it's just all around amazing.

My mom and I watched Jesus Christ Superstar this weekend... and my mom used to play that soundtrack over and over but as far as I know she didn't ever see it live... and that's how I feel about Hamilton... although I did see it live... it's still one that I can listen to all the time. And the music still gave my mom goosebumps- and she listened to it when she was first married to my dad... and they've been married almost 40 years... so it's been a while! Lol.

2) The Rise and Fall Of Ziggy Stardust- David Bowie 

I love David Bowie and my favorite song is Soul Love... it's a really beautiful song from this album that I never really hear mentioned when people mention their favorite Bowie songs... it wasn't on The Best of Bowie... but the lyrics are very meaningful and beautiful... and it might make me cry... I just love that song.

But this is also the type of album that... kind of takes you to space... and it's pretty beautiful. I like the story of Ziggy Stardust... it's a good one.

3) Born This Way - Lady Gaga- 

There are some albums that just connect to you in certain ways and they just kind of stick with you no matter the life situation... Born This Way is one of those... it's just the best of Lady Gaga's cds... and this was really where everyone was like "OMG Lady Gaga is a visionary... what is she going to do next?" And the music videos were all amazing... and the whole album itself was just fantastic. I can't explain how much this means to me... it just does. If I had a life soundtrack- I'd just choose this!

4) Everything in Transit- Jack's Mannequin 

Jack's Mannequin is a band I accidentally discovered at Bamboozle. They were playing and I didn't listen to their whole show... but it was enough to make me want to buy the CD... and I bought it... and years later... I still like to listen to this about once a year. This is also my favorite album artwork... it's really gorgeous.

5) From Under The Cork Tree- Fall Out Boy 

I remember when I first bought this... I only really liked Sugar We're Going Down and Dance, Dance... but this was before I had an Ipod... so I bought the CD and then eventually I accidentally listened to a couple of the other songs and I was like "OMG These are all great!" And again... I'm still a fall out boy fan to this day... which always surprises me!

6) Rainbow- Kesha 

This is where I went "You know... I'm not really going to take the 'OF ALL TIME' part of this too seriously and put an album I've only listened to one time on the list here." This is just kind of the best album recently in my opinion... and I think that no matter what type of music you like... you'll find a song you like on this album. She has pop songs, really deep meaningful personal songs like Praying. Fun party songs like Woman... and then there are songs that seem almost like folk-protest songs like Bastards... Kesha is really talented and she's letting it shine in Rainbow for sure. Seriously listen to it... tell me there isn't one song that you like and I'll buy you a pizza. Lol. No I won't because I probably won't like you that much- but still!

7) Divide- Ed Sheeran 

Again... I feel like this is too recent of an album to say "OF ALL TIME" about... but I think Ed Sheeran is really talented and people are going to remember this in 30 years. I'm also seeing Ed live soon... so I think this will be even better than! Cause I like Lady Gaga more after seeing her live.

8) So Sudden by The Hush Sound

This is a hidden gem that I found in high school that I kind of started liking better when I was an adult. I had my ipod on shuffle and the song City Traffic Puzzle from this album came on... I was like "Ohhh wow... this is a great song. I'm surprised the band never got more popular." Then I realize this was their first song on their first album and I was like "What? How is not everyone obsessed with this band?" They have 2 lead singers, a man and a woman with very different voices that work very well together. I've actually met them too and they seemed cool... I didn't get to talk to them much or anything... but Greta- the lead female singer seemed very chill and softspoken like how she does on the cd... and she's really, really pretty. I think they had a reunion cd recently... I haven't listened to it... but definitely listen to their first 3 albums... they have a lot of different songs and I'm just kind of surprised they never caught on.

9) Leaving Through The Window by Something Corporate 

Haven't listened to this in years... but again- it kind of stuck with me from high school, and it's one I still really like. And I'm surprised this is the bands first album (I think?) And the first song on it is really great too... so it just kind of always surprises me.

10) At Long Last... Music and Songs from Arrested Development by David Schwartz- I feel like I waited forever for an Arrested Development soundtrack to be released... and when it was released... I never even found out. I think it was 2 years after the release I found out it existed... and really it's one of the albums I like to listen to while I'm blogging because I feel like I can at this point. I've watched Arrested Development so much that this music is really my backround music and I can actually listen to it while doing pretty much anything... so it's something I've always admired and loved... and now I kind of love it even more.

I have some weird honorable mentions here... so let's mention them.

Pure Heroine by Lorde- I feel like this probably should be in the top 10... I might actually like it better than a lot of them... but I kind of just rediscovered it and I don't know if it's been in my life long enough for it to be on my top 10... so it's an honorable mention.

Red by Taylor Swift- "Shannon? Are you even really a fan of Taylor Swift? Are you sure you want to put that in your top 10 of all time?" No. But if you were going to ask me the best Taylor Swift album it's Red. I know that isn't the question or the point of this tag... but I have listened to most of Taylor's albums... and Red is the best.

The Lumineers by The Lumineers- This is one I listened to around the same time I listened to Lorde a lot... and it is a really good album... I haven't listened to it in a long time though... and I don't know if I still like it.

Joanne by Lady Gaga- I didn't really want to list Lady Gaga twice... but I think I like Joanne a little more because I saw the Joanne World Tour... so she sang most of the songs from that album and it's really good.

Put Up Or Shut Up By All Time Low- This was on the original list... but I think the only song I like on it is Jasey Rae... I just saw a good free concert from All Time Low... and this album reminds me of that concert... so that's why it was on the original list... but I feel like there are better All Time Low Albums and this one is just what I'd consider my favorite because it's the oldest.

Ugh... Okay I'm stopping now... and I'm probably going to listen to Melodrama by Lorde because for whatever reason- I've never listened to that whole album!

Byeee!
-Shannon




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f