Skip to main content

Scribbles About Food: healthier snacks I've been liking

Alrighty so I'm not really one to like "health foods" or anything... But I've been trying a little better recently so I've found some snacks on the more healthy side that I've been liking... So yeah.

At Wallgreens the Nice brand has really good almonds. They have a good selection. I've tried the dark chocolate  dusted and they're really really yummy. If you're more of a milk chocolate person, these don't have too much of that dark chocolate taste to them. They're really chocolatey though and I like them. I also got the honey roasted almonds that are really good too... slightly higher in calories, but again, portion control. A little bit of these fills you up a lot... and its yummy.  

The other thing I just got from Target is something new that they have called cookie bites. And these are little round cookies that are a little over 100 calories for each. Some were higher in calories, some were lower. I got the mint chocolate ones, which are really really yummy and 120 calories per serving... And one serving is 4 cookies, so that is a reasonable dessert I think. Those are really really yummy and I like them a lot! I kind of want to try more of these. There was a dark chocolate cherry and a peanut butter one that looked yummy too. 

This isn't necessarily "healthy" but if you want something kinda fun... McDonalds Kids Meals for sure. Lol I had a 6 piece chicken nuggets a few days ago and it came with small fries and a tiny coke that was enough and apple slices. Plus a minion toy!!! Lol I just got it for the minion toy, but if you want just a taste of some fast food, kids meals are the way to go. 

Special K also has really good brownies. They have a caramel delight flavor that is really delicious. I like to put these in the microwave for a few seconds and its really good. These are only 80 calories and aren't very filling... if I need a little more for dessert I'll take a handful of cereal and eat that with it on the side. Cap'n Crunch... not the healthiest cereal... but it tastes good with it. Lol. Also like the Minion Cereal with it... its yummy.

My favorite granola bars have been ones from Costco. They're a brand called goodness knows and they're cranberry with dark chocolate on the bottom... these are great because they're pretty filling. I'll eat these instead of lunch or breakfast sometimes and it fills me up enough. Plus it gets that bit of chocolate in there that I really like.

Some other good ones I've tried are actually a Chia Seed kind... not as tasty as the chocolate ones but still pretty good and filling. They're from a brand called Nature's Path and they're actually really yummy and around 140 calories... idk if every bar is the same. I've tried the Apple version and the macaroon crunch... both are really good. Its not as good as the goodness own... but its probably better for you and it doesn't taste bad. These I usually eat for breakfast. They have a Pumpkin Spice flavor too, which I have and haven't tried yet.

I also have some Fiber One Bars and my mom got me Fiber One Brownies thinking they were Special K brownies. Fiber One is good... but its fiber which is very effective on my stomach... but not always in the best way. I get kind of bloated when I eat these and its not my favorite... maybe I need to get more used to the fiber and eating these is probably a good way to do that... but its something I need to get used to I guess... lol. Hope this wasn't TMI... but thats what Fiber does for people. Lol. The Fiber One Bar that I had yesterday was Caramel Nut, really yummy. Good chocolate. Not low in calories... but that was my lunch, so it wasn't bad. I also have the brownies in Peanut Butter, Mint, and Chocolate Fudge and the Chocolate Caramel Pretzel bars... the brownies and those bars I haven't tried yet, but they're 90 calories... so not bad.

Also instead of ice cream those frozen ice pop things are really yummy and usually like 3 of them is a really low amount of calories... so I like those. My cousins got me kinds with minions on them. I haven't had any recently cause I kind of forgot about them... but they're really yummy. If you really want ice cream though... these aren't the same thing. I never felt that Ice or something like that took the place of ice cream... but these are a nice healthy alternative if you're hot and want something sweet.

That is everything! Hope you guys like these suggestions and try some maybe!

Byeee!
-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f