Skip to main content

Throwback Thursday: Meet The Robinson's

Alright this was a really cute movie. It came out in 2007... and I wasn't super into the way it looked back then... but my cousins told me it was good and I just kind of want to see every Disney animated movie... so this was on my list... especially since it is on Netflix right now.

And I do have to say... as an adult this is a very childish movie and there isn't a ton of jokes in there for adults to find amusing and entertaining. This isn't something I usually say as a critique... cause usually I do end up enjoying the movies anyway and this really wasn't meant for the parents to enjoy... it is for the kids. I did still find this funny and enjoyable but just know that this is a movie for little kids... and I feel like it might be easy for adults to fall asleep in the middle of it because it isn't the most interesting. 

That being said though... I really loved this movie. The message about "Keep Moving Forward" was very sweet and it was an incredibly heartwarming movie. 

The movie is about a boy named Lewis that is good at science. A boy named Wilbur from the future brings him 30 years in the future for mysterious reasons because he needs Lewis to help get the other time machine from an evil "Bowler Hat Guy." And I don't want to give much more of the plot away but Lewis feels very welcome in the Robinson family... and they give him the courage to save the future. 

I thought the message of the movie was really sweet, because it shows never give up on yourself. You can do great things and have a great future- if you chose to... and it's just a really sweet movie. 

Some fun facts about this movie... it's the first movie from Walt Disney Animation Studios... "What? This came out in 2007? How is it the first?" Disney re-branded itself as Walt Disney Animation Studios to differentiate itself from Pixar- which Disney had ended their negotiation with. So this was the first Disney Movie to have the logo with Steamboat Willie before the movie. And the first Disney Animated Movie with the new Computer Animated Logo featured in Pirates Of The Carribean: Dead Man's Chest. Plus this and Chicken Little are the only G rated Computer animated Disney movies... not sure if that is still true... I feel like it isn't but that is interesting. 

Slight Sidetrack: I remember as a kid when movies that were clearly kids movies would come out and they would say "This Film is Not Yet Rated" I would always get really scared that they would be rated r and I wouldn't be able to see them... lol. Can you imagine- R- Rated Monster's Inc. Lol. 

So that is everything. I would recommend checking this movie out... there are also a lot of references to Walt Disney Himself and Tomorrowland from the theme parks... so if you're a fan of the theme parks and Walt... this is a good one to watch! 

Byee!
-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f