Skip to main content

Latest Oscar Recap Ever

So I did want to do a recap of the Oscars- I mentioned that and although I only saw one of the movies nominated- Get Out- I still thought I had enough that I could really do a good review of and I have some things to say so here we go!



Allllright so first off I liked Jimmy Kimmel as a host last year... I think he did a pretty okay job... Jimmy Kimmel isn't my favorite late night talk show... I usually skip it- but I do like some segments and I think Kimmel is a good person. I kind of wish he spoke out more against people like Ben Affleck, Casey Affleck and Matt Damon... he sort of had a good opportunity to do that and I think he could have... but annnnyway I thought he did a good job the previous year... and I think this year he improved. He might not have been on it a lot... but I liked that they went to a movie theater to surprise moviegoers... although I think they might have done that last year. I liked his opening monologue... overall I just think he's a good pick and a pretty safe pick. He pushes the envelope enough without pissing off too many people... so that might be why they picked him again. But he was good!

I think maybe the funniest moment was Maya Rudolph and Tiffany Haddish's little segment. They complained about their heels hurting them... and they were only on long enough to present a couple of categories- but everything they said was just so so funny. And like they touched on a lot of subjects and they were just so great and hilarious. Tiffany Haddish I've only really seen on this and in her monologue on SNL and I think she's just one of the funniest people.

I also thought there were a lot of great speeches. Frances McDormand's was great. I liked that Sam Rockwell thanked everyone that ever looked at a billboard... I'm so happy that Jordan Peele won for something that I don't even remember his speech. I think I missed Gary Oldman's entirely- but I'm happy he won... and yeah. I just thought it was good.

One of the funniest things that wasn't really mentioned throughout the broadcast was that they had big fonts showing the category in each envelope. I think that's their response to the Envelope Fiasco that happened last year... and I think that's really funny. I bet they spent millions of dollars trying to come up with a solution for the envelopes... and that's what they ended up doing... it just makes me laugh thinking of this meeting where they decide on large outside fonts on the envelopes.

Everyone at the ceremony was very well dressed. The only dresses I didn't like were Maya Rudolph and Kelly Ripa's. Emily Blunt's dress was a little weird... but I think I would have liked it if the neck was different. I really loved Lupita Nyongo, Gina Rodrigez, Emma Stone, Jennifer Lawrence, Gal Gadot, Zendaya, Viola Davis, Emily Gordon (writer of The Big Sick) and Chelsea Pereti (wife of Jordan Peele)... I just think they all looked amazing and they're gorgeous women in gorgeous outfits. I love that Emma Stone wore pants- I thought that was a good choice... and I liked the Nude colors and the metalics... the bold sleeve was big... I just really liked these dresses.

The musical performances were all great. Remember Me was a really touching song, even though I haven't seen Coco yet... that almost made me cry. This is Me was very powerful too... there was another song that I think was nominated... but  I didn't realize that and I just thought that was a powerful moment in the night. Lol.

I also like that Kobe Bryant won an Oscar... I'm just going to leave this here...

Although this is fake news... the real quote is John Mellancamp... but still! 

I think that is everything... I can't remember much of it because it was a few days ago... but this is good and I hope you like it! 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f