Skip to main content

Be A Better Blogger: One Thing That Is Making Things A Little Easier

So- you guys probably know that I've been trying to work on this particular blog a little bit more lately. I really like blogging... I've just been slipping behind on this one compared to my other beauty blog... but I did one thing that I think will make everything easier... and I've only really been doing it today... but I want to keep up with it for blogging/ writing in the future because so far today I've edited and I'm working on this blog with very little distraction and I'm happy about it.

And it's like the simplest thing too... so here's the tip/tips. It's really just one tip all together... but there are other tips along with it... so it helps.

Have a Nice Desk That You Really Like To Stay At. 
The desk is everything. I just cleaned mine up yesterday and I have to say I'm in love with the way everything is arranged right now. It is a little bit cluttered... but I like some clutter and it really kind of helps because everything is just on the desk. Plus I like how cute and girly it looks and its convenient because I do my makeup on the desk and then I can just write or edit and do anything else here too right after... so it's kind of convenient for that!

Connect Youtube/ Netflix To Your TV 

If you can do this... that definitely helps too! I love watching youtube throughout the day and a lot of times I would get distracted from blogging or editing because I'd watch youtube. It's a little easier to just have them on your tv instead of your computer because then you can use your computer just to write/edit/ do homework or whatever and not be distracted by watching youtube or netflix or anything like that.

This has also helped because I'm typically off my computer late at night because I'll just watch youtube or netflix from the tv... which helps not look at facebook... which I like. Sometimes Facebook makes me angry and I get some Fomo (fear of missing out) So I'm not getting as jealous over these people that I really shouldn't be jealous of because I'm not seeing what they're posting as much. It's really nice and easy.

Turn The TV Off/ Limit Your Distractions 

So right now I have the TV off and I think that's kind of helping a little bit. I am texting and using facebook messenger with people... so that's distracting me a little... but on a typical day this won't be as much of an issue... plus I have the TV off- so I'm at least limited to just one distraction.

I Like That I Can Look At My Bed From My Desk- and Look At My Desk From My Bed 

This is kind of a weird one... but hear me out... it's nice to be able to see the comfort of my own bed from my desk. Right now it's all made up and it looks really nice- so I don't want to lay down on it with the covers because that's just going to mess up how pretty it looks made up... but also I can look at it and think about taking a break- which I will right after I finish this blog.

I also like that I can see my desk from my bed because the desk looks just as inviting as the bed... and I'll get more stuff done from my desk than from my bed. It's just kind of a nice little reminder.

I also have my room very clean at the moment- which I like a lot too. Everything is organized and in it's right place... and that's just always a good thing to have.

So yeah. That is about it... so I might try to update you guys on this... I might write some more stuff about being a better blogger/ writer/ youtuber... so let me know if you like this!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f