Skip to main content

Throwback Thursday: Weird Music Loop

So I have kind of a weird Throwback Thursday Today... but it's fun. I went down a kind of weird youtube/apple music wormhole last night and... this is just kind of what I listened to, why I listened to it and what I think of it.

Panic At The Disco

It started with the Panic! At The Disco album- A Fever You Can't Sweat Out. I wanted to listen to this because I heard a song from it recently and I really like it. Plus there's a huge Mandela Effect on the song "I Write Sins Not Tragedies." I remember it saying "I chimed in with a 'haven't you people ever heard of closing THE goddamn door?'" Well in fact... I recently heard it on the radio and it sounded like it said  goddamn door instead of the. And sure enough- Apple Music says the same thing. There was even a whole thing where a famous person tweeted at the lead singer Brendon Urie and couldn't explain it. Anytime they sing it live... They sing THE goddamn door.

Anyway funily enough- I didn't get to that part of the song when I was listening to the album... so Panic! At The Disco will come back into play soon.

Alanis Morissette 

Okay... so next was Alanis Morissette. This stemmed from a Cracked article in which they stated that the song "Hands Clean" was written about an older man... a music executive or manager that Alanis had a relationship with when she was 14-15.

I remembered this song vaguely and the tune of it sounds like a love song honestly... I never really knew all of the lyrics or anything... I was young so it would have went over my head... but it was good. I listened to it with the lyrics... it was a pretty angry song and it was pretty brilliant.

Panic At The Disco 

Since I was jamming pretty hard to Panic At The Disco Before... I decided to finish up the CD and I really love the whole album. I'm happy that I still genuinely like most of the music I liked in High School... even if I don't listen to it the way that I used to... anytime I hear AFYCSO I love it...and I even started googling Panic At The Disco Style... I was going to just start dressing and doing my makeup like I was in a Panic Music Video... so yeah. That happened.

I listened to a few songs from Death of A Bachelor after that... because of Panic's newer cds... I'd say that's the one that sounds most like AFYCSO... but also this was the only album that was just Brendon Urie and that's a cool thing too. If you didn't know Panic at The Disco started with 4 members, they changed the bassist at one point... then after the 2nd album 2 members- Ryan Ross (the bands main lyricist)  and John Walker-to start a band called The Young Veins... who released 3 songs and soon after went on hiatus... and that was in 2010... so they aren't likely coming back and I don't miss them. I don't think Ryan Ross is the best singer... although I am a fan of his work in Panic at The Disco.

After that... Spencer Smith- the drummer of Panic! who stayed with Urie after the breakup left the band... and the guitarist that was touring with them- but not an official member left the band... it was a lot. So- Brendon continued the band on his own... and I think it's cool that it is still Panic At The Disco even though it's just Brendon Urie and not a steady band. And that's cool... so many bands I used to love in High School don't even make music any more... so I'm happy that at least a couple bands I liked are still going strong and they're still good! So that's fun.

David Boiwe's Soul Love on Repeat 

This might be my favorite song of all time... and I feel kind of inspired by AFYCSO in general and I don't know... I wanted to write something... and I figured listening to Soul Love on Repeat would get something churning. I feel like when I listen to it on repeat... it's usually a good thing and I like it...

I don't want to explain too much about what this song means to me... but it's my favorite song and I just need to listen to it on repeat from time to time.

Select Songs From The Hamilton Soundtrack 

I love every song from the Hamilton Soundtrack- but possibly my second favorite song of all time is "The Room Where It Happens" ... which I love because we see Hamilton having to listen to Burr's advice and "Talk Less, and Smile More" to get what he wants... but he doesn't completely compromise what he believes in- later stating "You Get Nothing If You Wait For It" and Wait For It is of corse Burr's Point of View.

Meanwhile... in the end of the play Burr acts impulsive like Hamilton and shoots during the duel and Hamilton acts like burr and is cautious... so acting like Burr gets you nowhere.

But this song is still powerful and I love it.

And I also listened to What Comes Next, Dear Theodosia and Non Stop... I thought Non-Stop would give me the breakthough I needed to write like crazy... but it didn't lol.

Alanis Morissette Again 

So since I appreciate Alanis Morissette's songs from a writing perspective and it encouraged me to want to write... so I listened to Hands Clean again and then just kept listening to some of her earlier songs... she's really talented. And her videos are really cool and kind of edgy and different... I like her a lot.

And that was all the music I listened to. I also listened to the original version of the song Torn and I listened to the Natalie Imbruglia version... I might do a whole different post about that next week because... I have a lot of feelings about the song in general. I also watched some videos that The Academy Is, Fall Out Boy, Panic At The Disco, and Cobra Starship made and then I followed Gabe Saporta on Instagram and Snapchat... so that's fun.

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f