Skip to main content

Scribbles About Movies: Captain America- Civil War

Alright so the next movie on my Marvel List was Captain America: Civil War! This isn't the next movie within the MCU to be released after Avengers... but I thought that I could watch this before Ant Man and still enjoy it. Plus this is the oldest Marvel Movie on Netflix, part of me wonders if they'll get rid of it soon and put on Thor: Ragnarock because that would make more sense to me but with deals between Disney and Netflix's streaming services... who knows. Part of me wants to watch ALL of the Marvel Movies... but I might just wait until they're available on Disney's streaming service... because that's something I'm interested in.

So for some reason I always thought of this more as a mini-avengers movie instead of just a Captain America Movie... and I feel like it's half and half. Thor and The Incredible Hulk are not in this... but this is where we're introduced to a few more Avengers. Spider Man is first seen in this movie (I think?), Black Panther and Ant Man came out before this- but this is where a lot of the other characters meet Ant Man. And it's definitely kind of told from the perspective of Captain America with some scenes focusing a little more on Iron Man... so that was a little different than many Avengers movies... but it was still good.

And I feel like the "Teams" are important... Team Iron Man is made up of Black Panther, Black Widow, Spider Man, Vision, and War Machine. On Team Captain America we have Ant Man, The Scarlett Witch,  Hawkeye, Falcon and Bucky. And basically they're fighting because Tony Stark wanted them to sign a paper that was supposed to protect them and protect more people... but it limited what they were able to do... so Captain America's team didn't want to sign it...and it led to some of my favorite fight scenes ever. First off... it's really cool to see a bunch of the most powerful superheroes fighting each other...and they also all really care about each other and they think that what they're doing are the best and that it will ultimately protect the group in the long run. Soooo after sitting on it a few hours... I can see both of their sides... a few hours ago when I first started watching it I was like "Okay... Captain America's right! I don't see how anyone is siding with Iron Man." But looking back- Iron Man had a good point.

And I though the Captain America side was a lot braver... and they were. They had a lot more too lose and they kind of did... spoilers. They were getting in lots of trouble for their choices. I think Ant Man has a kid, Hawkeye has a few kids and a wife... and they're all fighting with some of their closest friends... so it's hard.

This movie was a little slower in comparison to The Avengers. I didn't think it was bad at all... there were just some times when I checked out a little bit... and I don't know how I liked the end that much... it just felt like they wrapped things up a little too easily and not everything was resolved... I think this is maybe my least favorite thing about the MCU so far is the end of the movies... because as epic as everything is the stories can't really wrap up because it's setting up a different move... and then I don't necessarily think that the previous movie is mentioned all that much in it. So... I feel like they kind of build up to something that's a little meh... but still... the movie itself isn't unexciting and I thought the nods to Avengers: Age of Ultron were pretty good. And it did make me excited for watching the next few movies like Black Panther and Spider Man.

So overall... I don't know if I liked this more or less than Age of Ultron. I think I liked it a little less... but I did like the fight scene with all the Avengers a lot and I thought it was pretty good overall.

Hope you guys liked this review... and I don't know what I'll watch next. Probably Guardians of The Galaxy... but I did watch Coco finally... so I might put a review on that first.

Byee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f