Skip to main content

APPyness: New Harry Potter Interactive Game Review

So for a little over a week I would say I've been playing the new Harry Potter: A Hogwarts Mystery game. And I think it's pretty fun. It's a lot of just clicking and going to different places at different times... but I think it's pretty fun and it is a good way to feel like you are a part of the Wizarding World and you get to know the Professors pretty well. So far, I like Flitwick and Snape is really pretty scary.

I'm guessing the story is the same for everyone... but you do get to choose your house... I chose Ravenclaw. Basically your character has a brother that got expelled from Hogwarts and vanished suddenly... many students saying that he went insane... and one girl even bullies you because of it... and you are trying to figure out what exactly happened to your brother, what sort of secrets are hidden at Hogwarts... plus you need to defend yourself and your friends from this bully... all while learning your regular subjects... it's quite a lot for an 11 year old!

That's at least where I'm at so far. I'm nearly finished with my first year at this point... I figured out something that was in a mysterious corridor and I have finished most of the lessons for my classes... but I'm not really sure about everything. I've been surprised so far- but things have been going kind of slow. I'm not sure if that's just how I'm playing the game or if it's just not the fastest moving game ever.

I think my favorite part of it is that it does really feel immersive. Even though the character isn't me and I'm just holding a phone to play the game... it does kind of make me feel like I'm a part of the wizarding world and it really makes me feel like I know these professors and characters that I've grown to love through several books.

So overall I've been loving this app a lot... it's just super fun and if you love Harry Potter and if you grew up loving Harry Potter... this will be a fun little app for you to try. I think it's definitely my favorite game that I've played in a while!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f