Skip to main content

APPyness: New Harry Potter Interactive Game Review

So for a little over a week I would say I've been playing the new Harry Potter: A Hogwarts Mystery game. And I think it's pretty fun. It's a lot of just clicking and going to different places at different times... but I think it's pretty fun and it is a good way to feel like you are a part of the Wizarding World and you get to know the Professors pretty well. So far, I like Flitwick and Snape is really pretty scary.

I'm guessing the story is the same for everyone... but you do get to choose your house... I chose Ravenclaw. Basically your character has a brother that got expelled from Hogwarts and vanished suddenly... many students saying that he went insane... and one girl even bullies you because of it... and you are trying to figure out what exactly happened to your brother, what sort of secrets are hidden at Hogwarts... plus you need to defend yourself and your friends from this bully... all while learning your regular subjects... it's quite a lot for an 11 year old!

That's at least where I'm at so far. I'm nearly finished with my first year at this point... I figured out something that was in a mysterious corridor and I have finished most of the lessons for my classes... but I'm not really sure about everything. I've been surprised so far- but things have been going kind of slow. I'm not sure if that's just how I'm playing the game or if it's just not the fastest moving game ever.

I think my favorite part of it is that it does really feel immersive. Even though the character isn't me and I'm just holding a phone to play the game... it does kind of make me feel like I'm a part of the wizarding world and it really makes me feel like I know these professors and characters that I've grown to love through several books.

So overall I've been loving this app a lot... it's just super fun and if you love Harry Potter and if you grew up loving Harry Potter... this will be a fun little app for you to try. I think it's definitely my favorite game that I've played in a while!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...